RM-Z250 Fuel screw

Alrighty all you motor heads. Need some help. I ride (albeit slowly) a 05 RMZ250. Looking to put a ajustable fuel screw in. So, I thought all I needed to do was unscrew the factory one and it would fall out and install the new and improved one. This is not happening. The factory one is not falling out. Please tell me I don't have to take the carb apart. :cry: Am I missing something very easy here. :noidea:

I posted this about ten minutes ago and no one has a answer yet??? :foul:

J/K... Kind of a slow day around here. I could be doing chores, but where is the fun in that.

I had too pull the carb on my 05 wr 450 and drill the top part of the hole to allow the old screw out and the new in. Its not that hard. Even a cave man can do it:smirk:

James

Staff member
Alrighty all you motor heads. Need some help. I ride (albeit slowly) a 05 RMZ250. Looking to put a ajustable fuel screw in. So, I thought all I needed to do was unscrew the factory one and it would fall out and install the new and improved one. This is not happening. The factory one is not falling out. Please tell me I don't have to take the carb apart. :cry: Am I missing something very easy here. :noidea:
Hey it looks like we have the same bike, except mines green. :thumb:

You're looking to put one of these in right?

re_fuelscrew.jpg

If so, all you should have to do is unscrew the old one and pop the new one in. But I remember I had the same issue with mine, I ended up rotating the carb body so I could see better. If you have dental picks try using one of those to pry it out, just don't lose the spring and seal, as you need them on the new one.

Yep.. about the same one. Thanks for the tip. I will give a dental pick a try. If that doesn't work, I have a 15 pd sledge hammer to tap on the carb to see if that will loosen it up and fall out. :smirk:

James

Staff member
Yep.. about the same one. Thanks for the tip. I will give a dental pick a try. If that doesn't work, I have a 15 pd sledge hammer to tap on the carb to see if that will loosen it up and fall out. :smirk:
:lol: The hammer might help.

I'm trying to remember if I needed to take off the float bowl off, I think I did but only to change some jets. Not sure if that would make a difference though.

That is what I was wondering if the bowl had to come off. I looked at the repair manual and it doesn't look like it. Haven't been out to the bike to try again as of yet.