Front Tires

Me and Rock Monster both run IRC VE-35 enduro tires... He rides Everything, street to ST, and I ride ST and DT, wears like iron, and quite gnarly.....

So Rack, have you decided on a tire? :thinking: I run the MX51 but after reading some of the reviews on others I am thinking of trying another one soon, maybe the 71 or even the VE35.

So Rack, have you decided on a tire? :thinking: I run the MX51 but after reading some of the reviews on others I am thinking of trying another one soon, maybe the 71 or even the VE35.

No have not made a decision. Been to busy with life. Hopefully be able to work on the bike this weekend.

The MX 51's are excellent for Desert conditions. The downside is that they wear quickly...not as fast as the old 756's that they replaced, but still faster than say a Maxxis. They hook up much better than the Maxxis though.

Several of our racers are now running the Kenda Parker DT's on the rear and the Kenda Washougal Stickys up front. Supposedly THE hot set up right now. They love them.

The VE35 Vulcanduro is by far the best out of the 8 or 9 different fronts I have run. It beats all the other tires in every aspect especially duration with both street and dirt use.

The MX 51's are excellent for Desert conditions. The downside is that they wear quickly...not as fast as the old 756's that they replaced, but still faster than say a Maxxis. They hook up much better than the Maxxis though.

Several of our racers are now running the Kenda Parker DT's on the rear and the Kenda Washougal Stickys up front. Supposedly THE hot set up right now. They love them.
I have a 756 on the front of my Son's YZ250 smoker and it works great. This "Sticky" looks like a tire I might have to try out :thinking:.

I'll have to take a look at what model tires I have, I know they're Maxxis, just don't know the type (other than being knobbies). I just air up/down in order to get the traction needed...I honestly never considered the compound of rubber mattering on dirt...but now afte thinking about it on hard pack i would but I rarely if ever "tread" (pun intended) on hard pack. Mostly loose gravel, dirt, SAND....SAND...SAND, rocks, shale and did I say S.A.N.D. ? Sand sucks And kNowone can Deny it! :prof:....:smirk:

Dam, the sticky is a good looking tire. Any cheaper than 72.00? I picked up some 51's for the boyz YZ'z, but they have yet to try them.

We usually sell the Stickys at $ 60 for the 80 series and $ 61 for the 90 series...If you pass through Santa Clarita, give me a call the day before and we can hook you up.

I'm running a Pirelli XCMH now. I got it because every front tire I have ever used has the side knobs break off or split at the base and almost break off. So far none of that with the XCHM. I also wanted a DOT tire. It seems to work great in the mountains. I've got to say that I'm not all that happy about how it worked ion the desert. Had a way of washing out. No crashes because of it, but there have been some stressful recoveries. Not sure I like the down side in the sand enough to go with it in the future. Time will tell.

We usually sell the Stickys at $ 60 for the 80 series and $ 61 for the 90 series...If you pass through Santa Clarita, give me a call the day before and we can hook you up.
Where is your shop in Santa Clarita and what is the name of it? BTW, you still talk to that bum Oldman? Get him to join up over here damn it.:thumb:

Where is your shop in Santa Clarita and what is the name of it? BTW, you still talk to that bum Oldman? Get him to join up over here damn it.:thumb:

We are on Ruether Ave, just off Soledad Canyon in Canyon Country.

It is AS Racing...

Yeah I still talk with Tom every now and again...he doesn't do the forum stuff anymore. I think he hit forum overload and decided to lay off for a while. He bought a new house in Castaic and spends most of his time working on it these days. Next time I talk to him I'll let him know about DBA.

I'm running a Pirelli XCMH now. I got it because every front tire I have ever used has the side knobs break off or split at the base and almost break off. So far none of that with the XCHM. I also wanted a DOT tire. It seems to work great in the mountains. I've got to say that I'm not all that happy about how it worked ion the desert. Had a way of washing out. No crashes because of it, but there have been some stressful recoveries. Not sure I like the down side in the sand enough to go with it in the future. Time will tell.

The XCMH was supposed to be the replacement for the famed MT 18 from Pirelli. That was an outstanding desert tire AND DOT rated.

Somehow the XCMH hasn't lived up to the hype...