Front axle needs to be cut!

That dam thing was on there. By the time it got to me the nut was already half gone. So we heated it, grinded on it, pounded on it, drilled on it and she no come loose, finally after two cheaper craftsmen blades and one good blade called "The Torch" the axle was no match for the Sawzall. Sorry John, go get a new spacer and you will be grand. Well, I guess thats a lie as the crack in the back rim is not good. Wished you would have brought your new front tire and tube, I could have showed you how to bust it in 10 minutes round trip. :thumb:

Holy cow what an abortion! :picard:
next time use a sharp high quality cold chisel to split the nut or what they call a nut splitter/cracker. they sell them at Sears or you can find them online anywhere...

Nut cracker from Northern tools, a
9094281_lg.jpg

Cold chisel for steel

NaA0R7mWUwnNyKlBQdVYz2qsZVLDS4DWKrw9QKD25TwRCJoNZgzbgO9fqApE39IPoo6WANjYFqZu39-THCbuCIpsbCxPHrETQE-a3Ea8Q0CSUvh-V0XJGGUcDvUnT5YMZ--FX10GOgI2xxzT7dysj5oZpc21fJ-kEI34YbwM_AgE

I was up close and personal with it Saturday, and if I didn't have a torch, I would use this,

DeWALT-dw831.jpg
and grind it flat, then take a piece of 3/4" cold roll, and pound the axle through. :noidea:

The nut cracker wouldnt of worked cause part of the nut goes inside and the axle was hardened. We tried drilling it from the inside and the exterior nut was easy to remove whrn trying to get the inside it wouldn't bulge cause the axle. Cutting through the axle was our last resort but probably the easiest.

She's a finished and done now. All the talk now is just talk and the job has been completed. But no, the nut cracker would not have worked on a recessed nut that is 3/16 deep into the fork tube. Even after cutting through the nut she no budge. Thanks for all the sudgestions.

So today I got a new front tire and Bridgestone Ultra HD tube installed. Also got a new axle, nut and spacers put on. And swapped out my rear rim cause the other had a large crack in it from our last ride. Devils hole is bad luck! lol I hope there won't be anymore cutting in my next tire change. Thanks again for the help Gary! :thumb:

So today I got a new front tire and Bridgestone Ultra HD tube installed. Also got a new axle nut and spacers put on since. And swapped out my rear rim cause the other had a large crack in it from our last ride. Devils hole is bad luck! lol I hope there won't be anymore cutting in my next tire change. Thanks again for the help Gary! :thumb:

You should ask Travace about tire change and cutting. :lol:

Where is that thread :thinking:

Did you say devils hole? That is going to be Monday 6/4 across and around. I am drooling just thinking about it. Hope to get my bike back by then. Riding old trusty tomorrow on the dualies RFK out of Beaumont. Should be good weather. :thumb: