Front axle needs to be cut!

Okay guys, last week I went to change out my front tire but the axle nut was so tight it won and I left the tire on. On saturday's ride to Devil's hole. I got a flat and luckily made it back to the car with the help of some zip ties. Today I was determined to get that front axle off. So I used a ton of WD40 and impact gun...still nothing. Again tried the old handy craftsman wrench and just stripped it more. So push came to shove and I took out a dremel and went to town on the nut. I cut past one side of the nut to the axel and it still wouldn't come off. So i cut it from the front and still nothing. So now I'm thinking I need to just go after the axle??? Where should I cut the axel on the right side so I don't get close to the sprocket??? Any help would be good. Here are a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about. If you guys know of a better way, please let me know. oh and I know there is a lot of dirt residue from all the leaked oil from my forks and I do plan on getting the seals and oil replaced while the wheel is off.

I already bought a new front tire. And a new front wheel axle and nut. They are just waiting to be installed! Here are the pics!

IMAG0237.jpg
IMAG0237.jpgIMAG0238.jpg
IMAG0240.jpgIMAG0241.jpg

This happened on my bike and I heated it up with a torch and was able to loosen the nut enough to get it off. :thumb:

Another vote for some heat to loosen it up. Perhaps heat it some and then try a chisel if other methods to get it to turn don't work.

John, you need to cut a little more closer to the fork down to the shoulder not to far that you hit the fork. The nut has a recess to it that goes into the fork so you cant cut all the way through it unfortunately. You are close though. Add heat and the impact. Heat is cheep, head over to the Home Depot and get a bottle of Map gas and a torch head for it 25.00 bucks for both max. If you would like to come over like Martin did with his drain plug, I have a torch and the rest of the stuff as well! Just give me a call.

Well I ended up going out to watch the laker game and eat (they got blown out! :P) so the nut wins another day :foul: . BUT tomorrow I'm going after it again with full force! lol If for some reason it manages to win again...Gary expect that call :smirk:

Well I ended up going out to watch the laker game and eat (they got blown out! :P) so the nut wins another day :foul: . BUT tomorrow I'm going after it again with full force! lol If for some reason it manages to win again...Gary expect that call :smirk:
It will not come off now, because you wasted a night on the Lakers...:smirk:

I got in a bad wreck and bent my front axle in 3 spots awhile back. I ended up pounding it out with a hammer luckly. I'd hack saw it wherever you can get a clean shot, and if you have a saw-all I'd take that to it in 2 spots, no matter how far apart. Once you cut it, pull that fork off so you have reasonable working room and don't brake anything on the bike, get the tire off if possible, then go back at it with whatever means.