Fresh Start

so, the 450's not quite so new anymore. took a big digger after hitting a huge hole that was somehow over looked by track crew. thankfully he's ok, just a little sore. bikes gonna take a little work. his comment "I wasn't even going fast" obviously his fast and my fast are two different terms. NCM_0231.JPG

so, the 450's not quite so new anymore. took a big digger after hitting a huge hole that was somehow over looked by track crew. thankfully he's ok, just a little sore. bikes gonna take a little work. his comment "I wasn't even going fast" obviously his fast and my fast are two different terms. View attachment 21412

Now that pic should go in the "bar bend" thread. :prof:

Hope he heals up quick and is back on the gas soon.

I looked around for the bar bend thread but didn't see it. here's a front view of bars, they did bend slightly on the throttle side but it sheared the mount bolt off on the clutch side and bent the throttle side bolt to damn near a 45. I'm really happy he walked away with just a couple scrapes and being sore for a couple days. really hoping for a healthy year, the last few haven't been kind.NCM_0233.JPG

haha, okay, that thread. I've been really impressed with everything we have gotten through Mika. bars, grips and sprockets and I can say the same about their sister company DT1 filters, quality products. I don't care for DT1 air filter oil though,to runny IMO, it's branded under Moose so if anyone out there likes Moose air filter oil I have a deal on two cans of it lol. btw the bars are the CR high bend

Has Mika got a bar bend that is similar to what a goat wears? If not, some of the members here just ARE NOT going to be interested. I like the bend you chose. Did you feel the oil let any dirt through the filter?

Has Mika got a bar bend that is similar to what a goat wears? If not, some of the members here just ARE NOT going to be interested. I like the bend you chose. Did you feel the oil let any dirt through the filter?

haha, Mika has all the normal bar bends that the other manufactures offer. I went with the CR high because my son is right around 6' and I thought it would give him slightly more room to move around, he likes them.

I never actually used the oil. I'm rather particular on air filters and I've always used Maxima FFT. DT1/Moose oil is the same color but when I put it on the filter I could immediately tell it was a thinner oil and just didn't seem to "stick" as well so I washed it out and put the FFT on. I'm sure it's good oil but I guess I'm stuck in my ways and an air filter is the life line to your motor so...I have two cans for sale lol

Both Mika and DT-1 are right here in the San Joaquin Valley of Central California. Mika is in Visalia and DT-1 now has control over the MX track owned by the city of Tulare.

Were you guys at Byron?
no, we went to Crossroads MX, only 40 min from home. had a great turnout in every class but 250 and 450 A lol. we actually wanted to go to Mount Carroll to get a practice weekend in but with all the rain we decided not to. rode great so it was a solid weekend nothing less. saw your helmet cam/go pro from Red Bud, had thought about there but that's just to far for one day.

James

Staff member
no, we went to Crossroads MX, only 40 min from home. had a great turnout in every class but 250 and 450 A lol. we actually wanted to go to Mount Carroll to get a practice weekend in but with all the rain we decided not to. rode great so it was a solid weekend nothing less. saw your helmet cam/go pro from Red Bud, had thought about there but that's just to far for one day.
That track was beat to hell by the end of the day, riders were dropping like flies. Yeah don't think a day trip would've been worth it.