125 Fork ???? Help me out FAST!!

buy a manual. i know they are expensive but so is your bike and every part on it to replace. it will pay for itself many times over. i personally dont know whats wrong with your forks cause i am confused by all of the going back and forth but i wouldnt risk damaging things worse to go riding tomorrow. its just not worth it
Do you suggest the clymer manual or the kawasaki service manual ??

the kawasaki manual is very basic for these bikes, if you need something more of a walk-through get the cylmer. If you just need a pic or two for reference now and again and torque specs get the kawi one

SRAD97750

Staff member
I don't understand the problem... A. Does it stick while you are riding it? B. or was it just hard to disassemble?

A.If it sticks while you are riding then the fork is binding badly. I would buy a new seal/bushing kit and completely oherhaul/replace that fork.

B.Most oil seals require the hammerslide method to remove on normal r/r.

Not sure of the issue...

I don't understand the problem... A. Does it stick while you are riding it? B. or was it just hard to disassemble?

A.If it sticks while you are riding then the fork is binding badly. I would buy a new seal/bushing kit and completely oherhaul/replace that fork.

B.Most oil seals require the hammerslide method to remove on normal r/r.

Not sure of the issue...
A. No it does not stick while riding.
B. Yes it took many more slides than usual when dissasembling and the bushing was not tight. Not like a snap bushing should be.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Rebuild both forks bushings and seals. You'll be just fine. Don't fool around with specs and whatnot. AllBalls makes full bushing kits that will fix all your issues. Shouldn't be too expensive. -BIG DAN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIVOT-WORKS...ies&hash=item35bce16dc7&vxp=mtr#ht_2436wt_891

And for fluid level,
1998-1999: Front Fork Level:
Standard 108-112mm---4.25-4.40in.
Minimum 105mm----4.13in.
Maximum 140mm-----5.51in

Fork Oil Capacity
---615-623 ml-----20.8-21.1 US oz.

I just got in a new pivot works seal kit and I replaced the inner bushings the first time around (didn't even put them back On the bike), even though the one bushing got a little bent coming apart there brand new.

Rebuild both forks bushings and seals. You'll be just fine. Don't fool around with specs and whatnot. AllBalls makes full bushing kits that will fix all your issues. Shouldn't be too expensive. -BIG DAN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIVOT-WORKS...ies&hash=item35bce16dc7&vxp=mtr#ht_2436wt_891

And for fluid level,
1998-1999: Front Fork Level:
Standard 108-112mm---4.25-4.40in.
Minimum 105mm----4.13in.
Maximum 140mm-----5.51in

Fork Oil Capacity
---615-623 ml-----20.8-21.1 US oz.
I went onto the kawi website and went on the computer manual and I thought it said 87mm or 3.34 inches.

i personally dont like clymer so i would buy kawasaki. but either one is good to have, and depending on your bike the clymer could be easier to find and for a narrow selection of bikes year and cc wise

Ok I got the forks back on and Im going to put the wheel on. Should I got the axle bolt in anti-sieze ? Should I take the seals and bearings out of the wheel and repack them with grease ?