For the kids..

Ever since I was a kid , I was fasicinated with motorcycles .. now it is time to pass it forward .. Today my grandsons , 6 and 11 called , Poppy , can we come ride ? Of course .. Little did the older one know , I had gotten him a new bike . Not another dirt bike , he has 3 now ... something a little different .... 09 Honda Rebel .... going to pick 2009-honda-rebel-250-cmx250c-1.jpeghim was exciting .... just can't wait ... Will update later .... here is a pic.....

Got the kids to the house , told the little one , look at your new bike .... " Poppy , that is too big for me , I will have to wait about 2 years ..... he is 6 .. older one just looked at me like , WTH ?. So I told him , that is for your little brother , ...... After you get done with it ...... There 's that smile ..... He hopped on it , checked all the controls , found everything , fired it up , Rode off with that big smile , looked like his mom .......

Gonna ride with me just like he always does , started him out at 5 yr. With a 50 cc , now rides all the bikes in the garage , under 250 cc .. He definitly can handl it .. drives all the tractors , forklifts , harvesters , at the Grass farm . Likes to bang bars at the track , No fear in this boy .. Just like his mom .....

I live on the outskirts of the metropolis . Lots of low traffic roads ..... wide open spaces here in South Texas ..... not far is a large , new subdivision where he can practice ..... getting there will be the only chance to come upon any law enforcement ..... he has 6 yrs. Of riding experiance and is mature enough to handle it ....... would not be the first time stopped by police ...... they are pretty leiniant with us bikers .......

My son had a jr 50 on his 4th birthday. Couldn’t ride it really, spent more time looking at it in his room. By 5 he was motoring along though so I get it. Still, I was nervous when I put him on the street at 15, even though he was clearing 80’ on my 450. No fear on the highway is a bad thing

I have to agree, too many variables like oncoming idiots in cars n shit, I ain't putting any of my kids on the road, it rains on average 2 thirds of the year here! :crash::naughty:

I understand , he has logged a couple thousand miles with me .. He does understand how to avoid stupids in cages , and other hazzards . Like dogs , and in our area , wildlife ....... I have had him view saftey video 's on YouTube , and other media , like DPS and other law enforcement agencies .... as soon as possible he will be enrolled in the local motorcycle saftey course run by a friend who is a local policeman ..... I believe we got it covered .......

I understand , he has logged a couple thousand miles with me .. He does understand how to avoid stupids in cages , and other hazzards . Like dogs , and in our area , wildlife ....... I have had him view saftey video 's on YouTube , and other media , like DPS and other law enforcement agencies .... as soon as possible he will be enrolled in the local motorcycle saftey course run by a friend who is a local policeman ..... I believe we got it covered .......
Super cool.....Sounds like you make sure all the safety is handled/covered. Enjoy the ride with your grandkids. My oldest (7 yrs old) is getting the itch again (since his new friends across the street ride too) and has been asking me about riding. Might be time to go shopping for another bike soon...:devil: Taking him to the AZ supercross next weekend, we will see how excited he is. He was stoked when I told him last night we were going.

Start him out right , be sure he can ride a bike , without training wheel of course ....... balance is the key ....... wide wheel mini bike is a good choice ... Saftey equip . A must .. unfortunatly there are no small bikes with a Real govenor , just throttle stops .. mini bike does have a govenor ..... a small bike for you will help , riding with him will build confidence ...... And it's fun .....