First Bike?

:noidea: You seem more concerned about how it sounds then anything else.

Of course you can learn on a 450f, your learning curve will just be steeper.

BTW what's wrong with 13k RPMs? My bike's always begging to go up there. :P
:lol: haha ok i have to say i went to watch the MX today localy, and the higher reving 250s like the honda acctually sounded beautiful :thumb:
Ok I have to say, the Suzuki rm-z 250 actually sounded really nice ! Loads more low end grunt than the rest of the 250s by my judgements after the MX today, but it must have been a 2010 or 08-09 because apparently the 2011 rm-z has joined the rest of the characteristicaly high reving crew that are the 250 mxers haha :thumb: tell me if I'm wrong ..!

:lol: haha ok i have to say i went to watch the MX today localy, and the higher reving 250s like the honda acctually sounded beautiful :thumb:
Ok I have to say, the Suzuki rm-z 250 actually sounded really nice ! Loads more low end grunt than the rest of the 250s by my judgements after the MX today, but it must have been a 2010 or 08-09 because apparently the 2011 rm-z has joined the rest of the characteristicaly high reving crew that are the 250 mxers haha :thumb: tell me if I'm wrong ..!

You can't tell anything about a bikes power by listening to them. You can tell where they are in their RPM range though, and if their pipe needs repacked:smirk:

Honestly, sound means nothing, stock exhausts on bikes differ brand to brand, and the same goes for aftermarket. That's why it sounds different. You can listen to my 220 and think i have no bottom end because my bike sounds high pitched but it has more down low than any "grunty, bottom end sounding" 250f.

You can't tell anything about a bikes power by listening to them. You can tell where they are in their RPM range though, and if their pipe needs repacked:smirk:

Honestly, sound means nothing, stock exhausts on bikes differ brand to brand, and the same goes for aftermarket. That's why it sounds different. You can listen to my 220 and think i have no bottom end because my bike sounds high pitched but it has more down low than any "grunty, bottom end sounding" 250f.

Ah yeah, what I meant was that it was low in the RPM range but still throwin roost ..! Thanks for the info though :thumb: . I heard the 2010 rm-z 250 has more down low than the 2011 model.. Do you know if this is true ? Nice what is it (your bike)?

I was told to avoid 2st because the clutch is a hell of a lot harder, and this bike would be more for tracks. I have a quad, and the main reason for the dirtbike would be for jumps and stuff like that. I know it takes a long time to work up to that, so I set my goals low. I was also told that crf 250's are huge and that my friend who's crf I was riding ( he's 6'1' 160) was upgrading to that. He's been riding for 6 years. I mean if I can barely handle his bike he has now, why would I shift up to a bike hes upgrading to. I was also looking into maybe getting a WR125 or whatever the yamaha 2st trail bike is and just upgrading the shocks on it. That way its more of a tame 2st instead of a racing bike. I'm also wary of the fact that 2st are much harder to handle, but if you learn on one, it should just come naturaly? I mean I'm no afraid to fall, and I have a huge backyard and lots of free time and gas. Would learning on a 2st be possible? I lean so heavily towards 2st because they're literaly thousands of dollars cheaper then their equivalent 4st. Lemme' know what you guys think.
If I were you I would get a 2stroke they teach you how to become a better rider starting on a 4 stroke will make riding easier but lazyier

Who told you to stay away from kawi?:lol: Please do tell as they must have some great weed!

J/K I don't smoke that stuff, but still, there's nothing wrong with kawi. In fact besides their early gen racing 4t's they make great bikes. But maybe I'm a lil biased:smirk:

And well, To put it technically, their frames are early gen aluminum(alum. frames aren't that good, KTM says they can build steel frames lighter than an aluminum frame, which makes sense... and early gen are worse because they have bad ergo's and are even more rigid than today's aluminum), they have oversized crankcases meaning a very peaky, weak motor, AND if I remember right they have electronic powervalves, which just unnecessarily complicates the engine and adds weight. I can go on. But I digress.
I'm a Honda guy and on the 125 it seemed a little slow but with 250s my favorite bikes are 1997 to 2000 I've owned 2 98s a 99 and have a 2000 and they are very good bikes but I would go rm for a 125

my crf250r stalls out alot more than my ktm 144sx (2 stroke) and the 2 stroke is way easyer to start. when i first read the tittle i thought "oh he should get a 230 cus that is the easyest bike in the worls to learn on" but then i saw your height and weight and now i think you deffinatly need somthing bigger. just make sure if you buy a used bike, dont get one that will turn into a money pit

Oh. You said mother and i thought of a British or French person talking:lol:

Also, I'd avoid those year CR's, shoot for a KX, YZ, or RM, if you go 125. If you can find a decent SX try for I think 02 and newer.
those year cr are actually pretty good bikes just the 250s 01 and newer are weaker than 96 up to 00 but 01 and up are still decent bikes