Exhaust Header Then? :/

With the technology where it's at today I don't know if your normal person could tell a big difference if only the exhaust was changed where as in the old days it made a huge difference.

On my TM125, I changed the fule type from premo to reg and it quit stalling and the stock spark arrestor to a flow thru silencer... it hauled ass and became an Elsinore kiler.

On my TT500 I changed the "muffler" to a Supertrapp megaphone with all the discs on it and it grew wings.

On my 570 Berg, the shop did a little sumpn sumpn on the inside of the silencer/arrestor (shortened it) but I don't know what it did for it since I never rode it prior to that.

I'm only guessing that now-a-days you have to do a combination of changes to notice anything big.
Like headwork, cam change, etc etc.

I'm not going for just the look. I am also getting the exhaust because of the performance gain I get. Even if it's not too much. I get a sweet looking exhaust system and a little better performance. That's good for me. I know that by putting the megabomb on you gain 3 hp. And better a low to mid power gain. Not sure the effect and added hp though when putting on the full system. Anyways after hearing what a fee of you has to say and what a few friends said. I'm just gonna save for the full system. And for me. Single vs. dual I probably will not tell a difference anyways. Well my wallet will..

If you are looking for the most bang for the buck first spend some cash on getting the suspension worked on. If you just want bling, then buy bling.

I'm not going for just the look. I am also getting the exhaust because of the performance gain I get. Even if it's not too much. I get a sweet looking exhaust system and a little better performance. That's good for me. I know that by putting the megabomb on you gain 3 hp. And better a low to mid power gain. Not sure the effect and added hp though when putting on the full system. Anyways after hearing what a fee of you has to say and what a few friends said. I'm just gonna save for the full system. And for me. Single vs. dual I probably will not tell a difference anyways. Well my wallet will..

Hmmm, three hp from just the header? I would sure like to know where you heard that?? I have yet to see even an optimistic brochure say it. less than a hp with the entire system would be my guess, just like the yamaha tested that I mentioned earlier. even that might be a stretch.

FMF never did print a dyno result on that one for anything they made them for as far as I know. At one time offroaders used them for the difference in decibels that the meter would pick up. (You can move sound around a little bit like flow, and depending on where the meter is placed have a better chance of getting the nod through the sound test.)

As long as you can impress journalists with something, you can sell it. The people that read about things like that and never ride with one on a rig are the best testifiers for the product it seems.

But keep the money flowing!!! People need work and this industry has been hurting a lot more than fast food since the economy went slow.

I looked at that clutch Brandyn. But I don't want a centrifugal clutch

Sounds cliche. If you want a clutch for "popping" purposes, stock is still your best. If you want one to help you go faster, the Rekluse and others like it is pretty hard to beat. They are not as friendly to the plates as a stocker CAN be, but if you are going to use a clutch to play with, then they probably will be easier on the plates. The Z start pro we put on a cr250 is one you can use like a stocker, but it feels quite a bit different.

I wouldnt waste your time on either of them. I tried a powerbomb, nothing there but a cool sound. After I crashed and twisted it I put a mega bomb on. It sounds awesome, but with very little to no power gain the sound is not worth the price.