Exhaust Header Then? :/

Well, most of you guys are against me getting the FMF pipes. But. How about I just get the FMF mega bomb header. I have heard so many people that love it. And it's supposed to help a lot. Stainless Steel - $274 .... Titanium - $320

So should I just get the header and skip the pipes? Thanks

It's a 4 stroke Steve. And I'm just trying to make my bike look cool. Have more power and what not. I've heard a ton of people really like tho megabomb header so maybe I'll just get that. I think the bike is amazing stock. I just really enjoy saving my money and upgrading stuff. And making it better.

It's a 4 stroke Steve. And I'm just trying to make my bike look cool. Have more power and what not. I've heard a ton of people really like tho megabomb header so maybe I'll just get that. I think the bike is amazing stock. I just really enjoy saving my money and upgrading stuff. And making it better.
sounds good then.....youll find though that when i can take my shots i do....all in fun though

What do you mean Steve? And ok cool, thanks Jos. I will not be able to really tell wether it's stainless or titanium when on the bike? Like wight wise? Hope that's not too stupid of a question

What do you mean Steve? And ok cool, thanks Jos. I will not be able to really tell wether it's stainless or titanium when on the bike? Like wight wise? Hope that's not too stupid of a question
i was poking fun at the whole 4 stroke thing in the first post, and explaining its all in fun in the second, dont worry bout it

If you are looking for cool factor, then buy the titanium mega bomb with FMF mufflers with added carbon end caps. Bike will look sikk and will rip as well. Otherwise, stock is still good.

Ok. Recently I read about DR testing pipes on a new yzf 250. They suggested the Dubach pipe for around 600 if I recall. It got about .7 hp more. So a power bomb header would get you how much? It sounds like you are just looking at the cool factor anyway, so why be so delusional about it, say it, and buy what you think is the "coolest"? Don't count me as anyone who thinks you shouldn't spend money though.

With the technology where it's at today I don't know if your normal person could tell a big difference if only the exhaust was changed where as in the old days it made a huge difference.

On my TM125, I changed the fule type from premo to reg and it quit stalling and the stock spark arrestor to a flow thru silencer... it hauled ass and became an Elsinore kiler.

On my TT500 I changed the "muffler" to a Supertrapp megaphone with all the discs on it and it grew wings.

On my 570 Berg, the shop did a little sumpn sumpn on the inside of the silencer/arrestor (shortened it) but I don't know what it did for it since I never rode it prior to that.

I'm only guessing that now-a-days you have to do a combination of changes to notice anything big.