Everythings ruined

Thanks for all the positive stuff. The inssurance company isnt sure whats happening with the bike. They said if i get anything at all, its probably going to be only around 1000 dollars. I had more then 1000 dollars in spare parts just laying around and probably 2500-3000 into the bike (including the $900 i paid for it). All my gear burnt, 1000's of dollars in tools and specialty tools for pedal bikes, sleds, and dirtbikes. My house is ok, but as of now we dont have any power.

we just moved into this house 3 Years ago and all our tools were bought then. And ive been buying more ever since. I find it hard to belive that they wouldnt replace tools

Idk, insurance companies will do anything they can to not pay a claim in the U.S.

Their coverage is pretty specific on what it wont cover. Some companies have a really small threshold of what they pay on "unlisted" items. Hence, your 1000 dollar estimate. Some don't cover vehicles in the homeowner insurance, since they want to sell you separate policies for those. If you dont list all your tools separately, jewelry, stereo eq etc they have that "limit". Had you listed all of that they likely would have charged you more for your insurance to begin with.

Their coverage is pretty specific on what it wont cover. Some companies have a really small threshold of what they pay on
"unlisted" items. Hence, your 1000
dollar estimate. Some don't cover
vehicles in the homeowner insurance,
since they want to sell you separate
policies for those. If you dont list all
your tools separately, jewelry, stereo
eq etc they have that "limit". Had you
listed all of that they likely would have
charged you more for your insurance
to begin with.

Andy.....where you been? I thought maybe you and Floyd were finally tracked down by the authorities.

This is just an absolutely crappy situation. If my garage goes up like a Roman Candle, I'm fricked. Ladies and Gentleman, this is a good reason to understand your policy. Personally, I'm reviewing mine as we speak. I'm pretty sure I'd get the square root of frick-all for my bikes if they vaporized. 10 cents on the dollar for tools? Now that would make me want to go apeshit crazy on some adjuster.

This is just an absolutely crappy situation. If my garage goes up like a Roman Candle, I'm fricked. Ladies and Gentleman, this is a good reason to understand your policy. Personally, I'm reviewing mine as we speak. I'm pretty sure I'd get the square root of frick-all for my bikes if they vaporized. 10 cents on the dollar for tools? Now that would make me want to go apeshit crazy on some adjuster.

i probably own over 80k in tools at work, but its not worth it to insure them. you buy a 400 dollar set of sockets 10 years ago that cost 500 to replace today, the insurance adjuster will tell you the tools depreciated almost to nothing. even if that tool has a lifetime warranty.

Where the phuk is patmyballs when you need her? Ape shit nuts....

i probably own over 80k in tools at work, but its not worth it to insure them. you buy a 400 dollar set of sockets 10 years ago that cost 500 to replace today, the insurance adjuster will tell you the tools depreciated almost to nothing. even if that tool has a lifetime warranty.

There is only one tool I carry that is worth a shit. And I let the wife use it every time she wants to...