Ebay SS Oilfilter

I have been looking at these as they have come up in recent threads. I do not know about this brand but I do know that Scott's makes them and that would be the brand I would go for if I happen to change over. There are always spin offs of the good stuff and this may or may not be one. When it comes to keeping my oil clean I am not going to chance it. As the ad says, it is similar to Scott's.

I have been looking at these as they have come up in recent threads. I do not know about this brand but I do know that Scott's makes them and that would be the brand I would go for if I happen to change over. There are always spin offs of the good stuff and this may or may not be one. When it comes to keeping my oil clean I am not going to chance it. As the ad says, it is similar to Scott's.

thats what I just did
at 80 bucks it was quite expensive, but I'll never have to buy another one again, and its warrantied!

I had a 78 XL250S and an 81 XR500R and both of those bikes didn't even have an oil filter. I put tens of thousands of miles on each of those bikes.

That said, I do like the idea of an oil filter. The nice thing about a disposable is you know that anything trapped in the filter will not make it back into the engine. Now so much with one of the reusable jobs. I'm sure that the reusable will work fine, but like Palmer it's not my preference. The paper filters that my bike uses are not expensive and I only change them every other oil change.

My thoughts too. I only change my oil maybe two or three times a year and usually do the oil filter once or twice. They are not that expensive and I can get a lot of filters for the price of one re usable.

James

Staff member
My thoughts too. I only change my oil maybe two or three times a year and usually do the oil filter once or twice. They are not that expensive and I can get a lot of filters for the price of one re usable.
:shocked: That would be nice. I do mine roughly once every 1-1.5 weeks (2.5-3 hrs) and change filters every other time. I've thought about going every 3rd or 4th time, especailly since I change the oil at such short hours. :noidea:

If I were to change my oil every 2 or 3 hours I would have to stop at a Jiffy Lube on the way back to the RV during a ride with Rack. :lol:

James

Staff member
If I were to change my oil every 2 or 3 hours I would have to stop at a Jiffy Lube on the way back to the RV during a ride with Rack. :lol:
:lol:

Off road is different then motocross, you generally ride at a much lower RPM, unless your name is CDA. :shocked:

2 or 3 hours? I've been on rides where I would have to change the oil several times in ONE day. More seriously, I would let those filters go a few oil changes if you are changing it that often. Perhaps even every third or fourth time. What does the book say for oil change interval?

I remember some pretty crazy maintenance numbers on the MX bikes. Things like 15 hour piston life. I mean give me a break, that's insane. I suppose if you ride the rev limiter like Barcia it could be true.