All East coasters! Labor day?

Hey. Not wanting to make excuses, but I got hurt Friday evening at my cabin.

I had 4 guys coming down to hunt doves in the mornings and help me cut and split firewood for the weekend. (You hunt doves from sun-up to 9am, then from 6pm till dusk.) Everything between that is fun or work. Last year, I came down for a day and rode with you guys and that was fine with my work crew. I planned to do the same this year.

I wanted as many dead standing trees cut down and dragged with my tractor to camp before they came down so they would have a bunch of stuff to work on while I had fun! (They all pare deer and turkeys out of my woods and stay at my place, so they are good with that.)

I was dragging a dead cherry tree with it's top entangled in wild cherry vines. All was going well until the vines pulled down a widow-maker.

A dead branch about 4" around and 6' long clocked me on the noggin left side of the head just in the hairline. A glancing blow, luckily. But it knocked me the fuck out!

Unfortunately, the tractor was in gear and going down-hill. I hit a tree and bent the F out of the frame that holds a plow on the front. Dammit! I'm pissed!

I was out for only? I don't know. Maybe a minute? The next thing I remember is walking down the hill to my camp. My buddy was there and saying something. I said something? I don't know. View attachment 9553 I had a giant goose egg on my head and a decent cut. Shit the bed! Skull cuts bleed a lot!

I definitely had the concussion thing going on. My brain was scrammbly. If you ever had a concussion, you know what I mean.

Long story short, riding was out of the question. As far as the phone call goes, there is no service within miles of the hollows where I'm located. Sorry for the no-show, but I was out of service.

I stayed at the cabin and was the designated camp bitch doing the cooking and running a saw and stacking wood.

I had zero firewood to start, but here is what the pile ended up come Monday.

Thanks to all my friends for taking care of me!

Damn Buck! We were worried about you finally glad to hear back from you and that you are alive and doing ok..... We were looking forward to some grilled whale anus stuffed with Pickled squirrel nuts and wolverine tongue. You are gonna have to owe us next year.

Damn Buck! We were worried about you finally glad to hear back from you and that you are alive and doing ok..... We were looking forward to some grilled whale anus stuffed with Pickled squirrel nuts and wolverine tongue. You are gonna have to owe us next year.

I didn't think it was too smart to jar my brain around riding after the konk I had on the bean. As a matter of fact, my buddy's wouldn't let me drive, let alone drink beer. But, I did get up at 5am, made breakfast for all, and pared some doves out of the skies. As a matter of fact, I got the first "double-double" Sunday morning.

A "double-double" is 4 birds in 2 shots with a double barrel shotgun. The best thing was that my buddy 40 yards away took down 2 birds with each shot of his twin tubes seconds later.

I'll post a pic of how we pare them up and eat them next week when we get more.

Doves are the "Lobster Tails" of the midwest. There is nothing that lives out here that you can hunt that is more tasty and flavorful.

At least the way I prepare them and cook them!

Again, sorry for the no show, but my brain still requires a few Extra Strength Excedrin now and then. If you get knocked out, it takes a couple of weeks to make yourself right.

No Worries Buck... As long as you'll be ok. :thumb: You missed James though and he was a little dissappointed in not being able to meet you but hey, there is always next year.

James

Staff member
heres my video from the ride, who the fuck is gonna make a ride report haha...but seriously someone better start one
What's there to report? We came, rode a little, it rained, eat some good food (thanks Mike & JAX), still raining, spent the evening talking shit, still raining, went to bed, still raining, got up, still raining, said F it and went home. :lol:

What's there to report? We came, rode a little, it rained, eat some good food (thanks Mike & JAX), still raining, spent the evening talking shit, still raining, went to bed, still raining, got up, still raining, said F it and went home. :lol:

:needpics: