DUAL VS. SINGLE

SRAD97750

Staff member
I think Honda engineers didn't leave much left in the table in the performance sector with the new bike..
I agree, with all these huge ticket race-only bikes on the showroom floor, they should be very close to top tier performance. Or the company is only cheating themselves...
Unless it's a road legal bike, then there is a TON of room for improvements due to EPA and environmental conformance restrictions.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I hope the hell not. Stock and after market replacement pipes cost enough now. Well that is for the four stroke bikes anyway. I would like to see the proof that a double pipe lowers the center of gravity? :prof: I wonder if I removed the hole exhaust if that would lower the center of gravity? There is no way shifting more weight to the back of the bike is lowering the center of gravity. It is an illusion.. If I had thousands of dollars and designed carbon fiber hub and triple clamps to lesson the weigh on my front end. It also would feel as if I lowered the gravity. Wrong it just shifted the weight to the back of the bike. Making it handle differently.
For those who believe the crap Honda engineer's tell you. Why don't you do the experiment yourself. If you plan on buying a pipe for your bike, buy a single. Run them back to back. Tell us if you feel any difference in "gravity" or "handling".... :prof: :thumb: :poke: Put an end to this :blah: :blah: :blah:.

This is TT thread
I know, This is about the dual vs. the single pipe.
Mitch Payton is the owner of Pro Circuit and his race team. I would think if there truly was any noticeable performance increase. Pro Circuit would have designed a double pipe for the green bikes they race. Don't say it couldn't be done because yes it can. If it worked as well as Honda says it does. Why hasn't any other manufacture or race team followed?

It has been stated that its not for lowering the center of gravity but side to side balance.

The manufacture would get better result if they just simply balanced and trued the cranks better than they do now. I have rode bikes with balanced and trued cranks. What a difference it makes. I'm sorry I just do not see the point of two pipes. When there are better and easier ways to balance a bike. Please do not take this the wrong way. I am just saying not telling ok. We are :cool:.

Last edited:
No, not balancing the motor, balancing the weight of the bike side to side, I agree that they are a waste of money and weight, for the most part, but why they did it has nothing to do with center of gravity.

The primary purpose was to move weight closer to the CENTER of the bike. A "side benefit" (pun fully intended. I crack myself up) is the side to side balance and an improvement there. Stick a 5 lb weight under your rear fender toward the back of the bike to get the opposite affect. All done for the same reason that your foot pegs are close to the center. AF, you wont need thousands of dollars to prove whether taking your pipe off and riding without it will lower the center of gravity or not. Helpful items to do that will be a set of scales, a pencil and for one way of doing it a plumbbob will make things easier. You can toss all that if you have a rail and a friend who will help you lift.