Dirt Nap

Took a dirt nap Yesterday 01/24/11. Im ok, no broken bones, just lots of muscle strain in my back and neck. Hyper extended my left thumb, and a NASTY bruise on my left thigh. As for the bike. I was able to ride it back. But the handle bars are toast, front wheel has a large flat spot from the rock I hit. And the visor on my helmet is toast.

[video=youtube;qjNHaqePXCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qjNHaqePXCI[/media]

First off, I am jealous that you can ride from your garage......
I had a flashback when you launched, I did the same in December, get the wind knocked out of you and see stars for a while? Has your hip bulged out with a softball sized knot? Has it started turning the colors of the rainbow yet?
Glad you made it back home safe.

First off, I am jealous that you can ride from your garage......
I had a flashback when you launched, I did the same in December, get the wind knocked out of you and see stars for a while? Has your hip bulged out with a softball sized knot? Has it started turning the colors of the rainbow yet?
Glad you made it back home safe.

My thigh has started to bruise. I got another bruise developing on my lower right side of my stomach. But what hurts the worst is my the upper portion of my lower back and my neck. My left thumb is kinda swollen and I have limited movement but it doesnt feel broken. I'll be fully healed before I can afford to fix my bike. It needs new handle bars and grips $80. The flat spot on the rim isnt too bad but I'd like to replace it $150 including spokes. Plus I will likely need to replace my helmet. $200
,and new bark busters $70ish. And Im going to purchase a next brace. Not sure if I can afford a Leatt but I'll get something figure another $200 min on that. Roughly $600 before I can ride again. That will take a while to save up for, not to include the other stuff I have on my wish list. Thats another $200-$300. But Im alive with nothing broken that Im aware of.

James

Staff member
My thigh has started to bruise. I got another bruise developing on my lower right side of my stomach. But what hurts the worst is my the upper portion of my lower back and my neck. My left thumb is kinda swollen and I have limited movement but it doesnt feel broken. I'll be fully healed before I can afford to fix my bike. It needs new handle bars and grips $80. The flat spot on the rim isnt too bad but I'd like to replace it $150 including spokes. Plus I will likely need to replace my helmet. $200
,and new bark busters $70ish. And Im going to purchase a next brace. Not sure if I can afford a Leatt but I'll get something figure another $200 min on that. Roughly $600 before I can ride again. That will take a while to save up for, not to include the other stuff I have on my wish list. Thats another $200-$300. But Im alive with nothing broken that Im aware of.
:thumb: Glad you're ok.

If you want a good helmet check out the Bell Moto 8's, last years models for dirt cheap. ($170) http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/search/bell_moto_8
Cheapest Leatt is the adventure http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/LEATT-ADVENTURE-II-NECK-BRACE/?id=122104

Oh and does your side look like this? :smirk:

SANY0002.jpg

:lol: Damn I love that picture.

2smoke, that bike sure makes a funny noise. Oh never mind it's a 2 stroke!!:P I feel for ya. Glad you were able to get to your feet and home under your own power.

:thumb: Glad you're ok.

If you want a good helmet check out the Bell Moto 8's, last years models for dirt cheap. ($170) http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/search/bell_moto_8
Cheapest Leatt is the adventure http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/LEATT-ADVENTURE-II-NECK-BRACE/?id=122104

Holy Shit! LMAO!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
I'm sorry but its funny too as long as no one was seriously hurt...

Oh and does your side look like this? :smirk:

View attachment 1098

:lol: Damn I love that picture.

The bell helmets run small tho... atleast the "7's" do. Thats what I bought last.... There's no substitutre for a Shoei though.:thumb:

WOW! That was a crash! 35 mph? That had to hurt! Hope you heal up fast! :thumb:

You were conscious the whole time! Is your helmet trash?

It's weirder when you crash as hard as you did and wake up not knowing what year it is, who is president, the day, or time! Be glad that didn't happen to you! Heal soon! :ride:

You're lucky that nothing is broken.I think that there's one more thing to add to your list of things to get before you ride again; eye glasses. I can't believe you didn't see that rock! :lol:

Left, right. left, right, screw it I'm going straight. Only one rock and you found it. Love the last little mo fo at the end there. Sorry for the get off. I remember when I could ride right from the garage. Heal up dude.

Left, right. left, right, screw it I'm going straight. Only one rock and you found it. Love the last little mo fo at the end there. Sorry for the get off. I remember when I could ride right from the garage. Heal up dude.

I rode right from the garage as a kid! :thumb: Way cool!