Dirt Bike women acknowledged, FINALLY!

:blah:
I didn't start riding until I was 29 and the only people I had to ride with were friends that I convinced to buy a dirt bike. Fast forward 18 years and most of them have given it up or moved away. I either ride alone or on forum rides a lot of the time. I can still get my old friends out to some desert rides and perhaps a weekend up at KM in the summer. I'm sure that over the years I have done many tens of thousands of solo riding both dirt and street. Now that I have a SPOT riding alone is less of a concern than it used to be. I am pretty much a self educated rider. I've spent a lot of time studying maps and exploring countless trails. These days most consider me the "knowledgeable" one as far as the experience and knowing a lot of trails go. I'm still learning and I sure don't feel too much that way about myself. There is always more out there to find.

I also have the feeling that at times I've doing that same begging to be included. When they see me at about weighing in at about 280 and see that I am on a XR600 they think that I ride fire road only. The reality is quite different. In fact most are pretty amazed at where I get my XR. I do have to say that almost without exception that the people I have met on these forums have been the nicest group you could hope to meet.

I guess that I ride the canyons a bit less traveled. I wouldn't describe then as "clogged." I guess I should count my blessings. I love passing the more capable bike on my old POS 1980 CM400.

I say bring those girls over. I just hope we don't push them away with the banter that occurs here. They are welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Hmm, weird. I usually take that as a sign that someone has a personality.

Now where will I ride today? A beer at Wrightwood or Camp Scheideck? It too hot for a dirt ride to Jawbone. Summer seems to finally have arrived.

I wish I had a spot and hope to get one someday. People tend to judge, myself included. Although I try not to but look how I dissed the bikers:P, it's all in fun though cause really anyone out there on two wheels is usually pretty cool. Little moped to a big cruiser. I never really thought about what it is like for the big guy who is skilled but judged on his size and the size of his bike. It must make you want to speak up about your skills but at the same time it can come across as arrogent. That is one problem with the internet. No voice inflection or body language. It is just a shame we people tend to assume things at times and we all do it. I have met many really cool people on forums. But when I step into some that Im not a regular in, or people who dont know me read my thread, they often assume. I dont want to brag about my skills in order to show and prove I can keep up in order to be invited. because there are so many I cant keep up with or dont have equal skills with. But, I try and inform to a degree that says "hey, I wont hold you up just wait for me at the split, I will try not to cry if I crash and not ask for help unless I have to and I will not complain about genitalia comments unless your talking about mine then I will throw it back at ya!:devil:

Honestly, I enjoy riding alone. And most of my street rides are alone. Sometimes I'll do a group ride with good friends. One time I did a forum ride from Super Moto Junkie. I thought I'd intercept the group mid ride and join in. I didnt want to show up at the meeting place with all the sausage there. I figured I'd slip in mid ride and it would be less noticable. So as I rode up the snake to join them one crashed in front of me. Then when we got to the lookout where they took a break I found out they started with 30 people, had already had 3 crashes and the group got lost and split up into 3 groups by accident. After I took off with them to ride I found myself pumped up and wanting to prove myself. It was scary. I dont have leathers. I dont have years and years of street skills. But that pack mentality sets in and suddenly there I am hammering to stay in the front. After that ride I chimed in and said someone is going to die on one of these rides. They were planning another one two weeks later. People come from all over to do these rides. Not everyone knows the canyons like some of the others do. So sure enough I get bashed by a few guys for for my comment of "you should take it to the track if your gonna ride like that on the street, as in extremely competitive and in a pack" A father and son came down for that next ride, they were on Topanga Cyn and hit a turn and went head on with an SUV. Father ran into son, the 23 year old son died and the father lost his leg. It was tragic! They pulled the thread after the accident. The real kicker was even after that some of the guys were saying "next time we need an A group and a B group. As if it were a:rant: track they ride! I feel safer alone or with just a few people. A bunch of pumped up young guys on bikes just means trouble and often crashes. I see so many crashes near where I live. Im a regular in these canyons. Here is a link of a few where I often ride. My favorite one is this one and if you ask me it was the CHP'S fault! They should not park in that turn nor do they have to in order to catch people. Greg is filming (rnickeymouse) out there every weekend. And Paul AKA Rock Store Photos is taking pics of all the riders who go buy to sell. He is an outstanding photographer too!
Anyhow:blah::blah::blah: Be safe out there! Im heading out for a ride now:banana: Hope you have fun on yours Cleonard!
http://www.youtube.com/user/rnickeymouse#p/u/3/oBTGgT_V5F8

No kidding! :blah::blah::blah: :bored:

I was on a roll after a triple shot!

Tequila??????? Some of the guys and myself were "chatting" one Friday night...I had just gotten home from Rodrigo's and 3 massive Maggies (they called them The GULP of Mexico) and they were drinking their dinner on line! THAT was a hoot!

Tequila??????? Some of the guys and myself were "chatting" one Friday night...I had just gotten home from Rodrigo's and 3 massive Maggies (they called them The GULP of Mexico) and they were drinking their dinner on line! THAT was a hoot!

No silly, triple shot latte! Varoooom, Varoooom!

LOL I bet that was an interesting thread!

No silly, triple shot latte! Varoooom, Varoooom!

LOL I bet that was an interesting thread!

Well you had me...a triple shot, dAmn my type of woman, was wishing my wife was like that...but then you ruined it......LATTE :shocked: Actually, they are real good bet I couldn't drink just one...but wished I did...boing, boing, boing! :smirk:

As for the thread...we were on the chat line going back and forth about nothing, most of the time someone would leave to freshen up their drink and be gone for 30 minutes! So we'd give them shit for that!

Thanks. Because this morning I look at this thread and think WTF! Why did I write all that Sheesh!!! Lame!

obviously it wasnt lame :D , cause we all read it ! its great to get riding stories from a woman who can acutally ride. some of the ladies i see are around my age riding lowered ninjas or gixers and i ask them where they usually ride and the story is " usually with my girls around town and then to s-bux" . maybe its fun for them and i'm glad to see them on bikes but to me there is more to riding than driving around town till it's time to meet at the coffee shop.

obviously it wasnt lame :D , cause we all read it ! its great to get riding stories from a woman who can acutally ride. some of the ladies i see are around my age riding lowered ninjas or gixers and i ask them where they usually ride and the story is " usually with my girls around town and then to s-bux" . maybe its fun for them and i'm glad to see them on bikes but to me there is more to riding than driving around town till it's time to meet at the coffee shop.
Thanks Monkey.
I live in a sort of affluent area and there are a lot of girly girl women around here ie..plastic, made up non-riders. The Starbucks around the corner from my house has tables out front. I like to park my bike in a dirt patch under a big oak tree on the side of the bldg.. One day I came rolling in sort of fast and was headed for my usual parking place under the tree, which meant I had to ride right towards a table with some ladies around it and hop the curb on the side of them. Well...a couple of them freaked and jumped up and ran thinking I was headed for their table :lol: I acted like I didnt even notice, parked and walked in the side door. A man got in line behind me and said "that was great! Did you see those ladies jump?" I said with my :devil:grin, "oh did they? Opps!"

Well you had me...a triple shot, dAmn my type of woman, was wishing my wife was like that...but then you ruined it......LATTE :shocked: Actually, they are real good bet I couldn't drink just one...but wished I did...boing, boing, boing! :smirk:

As for the thread...we were on the chat line going back and forth about nothing, most of the time someone would leave to freshen up their drink and be gone for 30 minutes! So we'd give them shit for that!

Yea...I dont drink :naughty:THAT stuff YOUR talking about, it makes you:devil: crazy!

:lol::thumb:

Thanks Monkey.
I live in a sort of affluent area and there are a lot of girly girl women around here ie..plastic, made up non-riders. The Starbucks around the corner from my house has tables out front. I like to park my bike in a dirt patch under a big oak tree on the side of the bldg.. One day I came rolling in sort of fast and was headed for my usual parking place under the tree, which meant I had to ride right towards a table with some ladies around it and hop the curb on the side of them. Well...a couple of them freaked and jumped up and ran thinking I was headed for their table :lol: I acted like I didnt even notice, parked and walked in the side door. A man got in line behind me and said "that was great! Did you see those ladies jump?" I said with my :devil:grin, "oh did they? Opps!"

:lol::lol::lol: That's a funny story.

Sun and rezrider -- You are both right. First coffee then come the more potent shots. It's a great combo.