Dirt Bike Related Quotes & Sayings

my 14 yo daughter...no "local" (on the same street) friends...may require walking or riding her bike a couple blocks. Easier to just text....:foul:

No, I won't let them:prof: but they do complain all the time about having nothing to do. I blame technology. If they don't have TV, Vidoes games and computers they all would be a mess. When I was kid, a shoe string and stick is all you needed to have fun and a tin can to kick could keep you busy all day. :lol:

yeah, I try to keep him out of the game room... but damn... he'll step over a tissue until I tell him to pick it up..... They have so much to keep them occupied these days... when I was a kid no cable and no computers... 3 -5 channels depending on the weather.

yeah, I try to keep him out of the game room... but damn... he'll step over a tissue until I tell him to pick it up..... They have so much to keep them occupied these days... when I was a kid no cable and no computers... 3 -5 channels depending on the weather.

Man isn't that the truth...my mom wold scold me for staying out IN the weather...there was nothing like going outside to ride our bikeas, skateboards, whatever...we'd tear up neighbors yards...:devil:...making a MX track with our home made bmx'ers...Stingrays with welded on mc bars and a single seat...and usually slicks (worn out tires).

had an old black and white tv that had knobs to turn the channel. That nob was long gone so we had a pair of channel locks locked on it to change the channel.

had an old black and white tv that had knobs to turn the channel. That nob was long gone so we had a pair of channel locks locked on it to change the channel.

Remember when YOU were the remote control for the old man? I know I was......JUST when you sat down he decided he wanted to watch a different channel, Hey, jump up and change to channel ..............:smirk:

I use to build amuzement parks in the dirt for bugs and lizards I would catch. I would spend a couple of weeks at a time in Joshua Tree (the desert) at my Grandmother's cabin. She was an artist and would paint all day long and I would try to find stuff to do and most always alone. Like catch chipmunks and bunnies, nurse sick or injured animals, hike, play with my gas station toys I got for free, build a house with cards, modify my bike with cards and clothes pins on my spokes. I would play dress up, do arts and crafts,fly kites, build forts, ride bikes and skate (didnt skate in Joshua Tree though.) When it was hot in the dez I would fill a 50 gal drum with water and stand in it. That was my swimming pool! One of my fondest or I should say funniest memories was filling a Sanka coffee jar with red ants. It was filled solid to the top with BIG red ants! I thought it was so cool to have this big jar of ants. So cool I accidently spilled it all over in my Grandma's bed when she wanted me to lay down for a rest. I didnt tell her because I was afraid she would give me the switch. Do kids even know what a switch is these days? I hated it. It stung bad! I didnt get the switch very often but enough to know better and respect elders. Im not one for the switch or spankings but it sure got me to cooperate when other things didnt. But depending on the kid and situation sometimes it is what gets something through to them. And often straightens some kids out early on avoiding bigger disipline problems later. Time out was bull shit. It least for my kids it was. It wasnt very effective with them. I think every person is an individual and we all learn differnt and have differnt temperments. I didnt spank my kids much at all unless it was very serious. And only for a breif time in their lives. But I did take things from them and ground them a lot. Grounding them was like grounding me because how else do they stay put if Im not there to make sure? Parenting is so hard at times. Even as young adults it is hard sometimes. I fought with my 18 year old daughter today. Over describing what a Falafel is. WTF? How does that happen? But she did say later "I love you Mom," when walking out the door tonight, and also told me she would check in.

Times are so different now. It is down right scary!

"real men ride 2 strokes, always have"

"your not having fun unless you come home with sand in your shorts"

"been there, wrecked that"

"mixin gas a kickin a**"

"addin oil and smellin royal"

James

Staff member
Saying I heard at an off road race...A guy crashed...a spectator said "wow, looks like that guy ran out of talent"....:prof:
:prof: I don't crash, I just run out of talent. :crash:

BTW who can tell me the difference between a modern day whip and scrub?

"real men ride 2 strokes, always have"

"your not having fun unless you come home with sand in your shorts"

"been there, wrecked that"

"mixin gas a kickin a**"

"addin oil and smellin royal"

Hey! Liar! I saw that in a Dennis Kirk order catalouge and it was about 4 strokes.

:prof: I don't crash, I just run out of talent. :crash:

BTW who can tell me the difference between a modern day whip and scrub?

A whip is much higher, front end is more crossed up and the rider usually is looking back. A scrub you pretty much wash the front end out on a jump face so you lose all that upward enrgy to keep really low to the ground... not sure what we called it back in the day. I think nothing....

James

Staff member
A whip is much higher, front end is more crossed up and the rider usually is looking back. A scrub you pretty much wash the front end out on a jump face so you lose all that upward enrgy to keep really low to the ground... not sure what we called it back in the day. I think nothing....
:thumb: Correct, basically whips serve no purpose in MX, except to look cool of course. :lol: What's really funny is when noobs stick there butt out to one side and think that they're "whipping". We call those butt whips because the only thing "whipping" is your butt. :smirk: