Dirt Bike Related Quotes & Sayings

Talking about X ups, cross ups and shat like that. I call it riding a wheelie and my kids call it a manual....WTF is that? :lol::lol::lol:

Manuals are a bike term where you wheelie without peddling, so I'm not sure how you would manage to get up on the rear wheel and stay there without using the throttle. :thinking:

X-ups are a BMX trick. when you turn the wheel backwards in the air it makes your arms form a X. You cant do a X-up on a dirtbike unless something has gone VERY WRONG

X (cross) ups were an old saying of what is now known as a "whip"...if you were riding a bike (mc or bmx) and got air, moved the bars you were "crossed up"...didn't have to be all the way around.....

Right on both accounts and I did ride/race both. I keep a GT properformer in my garage incase they want to have a "RAD" remake and need my skills. Same goes for my 85yz125, I keep that incase they want to recast "THE DIRTBIKE KID" or "Supercross"..

OK so endo's are now stoppies, yes a cross-up is twisting the bars kinda like a whip but remember doing "tabletops" on your mx or bmx bike? Hitting any jump just laying the bike completly flat... more like a whip mixed with a scrub... I wish I could find my box of oldschool pics.

:focus:

"I'd time your laps but I don't have a calendar"

"I got the holeshot....then fought my way, to the back of the pack"

:lol: thats funny stuff!

OK so endo's are now stoppies, yes a cross-up is twisting the bars kinda like a whip but remember doing "tabletops" on your mx or bmx bike? Hitting any jump just laying the bike completly flat... more like a whip mixed with a scrub... I wish I could find my box of oldschool pics.

CDA posted one up somewhere...there was a picture of a guy laying it flat (crossing it up) on a T shirt I had...Old school, half face, Joffa mouth guard, leather chest protector, and HI POINT BOOTS (I think).....good stuff :thumb: I guess it's called a whip ow because they whip the rear end around where we would just go straight but lay over flat...:ride:

CDA posted one up somewhere...there was a picture of a guy laying it flat (crossing it up) on a T shirt I had...Old school, half face, Joffa mouth guard, leather chest protector, and HI POINT BOOTS (I think).....good stuff :thumb: I guess it's called a whip ow because they whip the rear end around where we would just go straight but lay over flat...:ride:
lackey_cross-up_500w.jpg

Yeah thats it..... used to do them all day long then get on the bicycle after dinner and do them until dark, table tops and helicopters wish I had 5% of that energy again......... These days the only time I get flat like that is when I dive for the couch...

does anybody elses kid just lay around and do nothing all day????

Yeah thats it..... used to do them all day long then get on the bicycle after dinner and do them until dark, table tops and helicopters wish I had 5% of that energy again......... These days the only time I get flat like that is when I dive for the couch...

No, I won't let them:prof: but they do complain all the time about having nothing to do. I blame technology. If they don't have TV, Vidoes games and computers they all would be a mess. When I was kid, a shoe string and stick is all you needed to have fun and a tin can to kick could keep you busy all day. :lol:

my 14 yo daughter...no "local" (on the same street) friends...may require walking or riding her bike a couple blocks. Easier to just text....:foul:

No, I won't let them:prof: but they do complain all the time about having nothing to do. I blame technology. If they don't have TV, Vidoes games and computers they all would be a mess. When I was kid, a shoe string and stick is all you needed to have fun and a tin can to kick could keep you busy all day. :lol:

If you were real luckly, on of the rich kids on the block would get sidewalk chalk with his allowance, and mabey we would draw you a hopscotch court!

:smirk: