Yeah I did just find that out. But I went to the dealer and when I sat on a crf250f which is even a little bit shorter than the yz125 and I could hardly touch the ground and I don't know if that's ok? I know I could make the suspension looser. I think that would bring it down 2 inches. Since I haven't had a two stroke before but I am a good rider I don't know if I should be able to just have my toes on the ground. What do you guys think?

Son, you are as green as green can get. You need a low maintenance bike and the 230 fits that bill. Cheap to maintain..... Gas tires and oil cheap.

Son, you are as green as green can get. You need a low maintenance bike and the 230 fits that bill. Cheap to maintain..... Gas tires and oil cheap.
Sorry but I don't know what you fully mean by I am green. I want to get the yz125 but I don't know if I will be able to get it. I do need a cheap maintenance bike which is another plus for the two stroke because for me telling my parents I need a few tens more often is better than me telling them I need a few hundreds out of no where. And one of my friends is going to get a 230f so I want to be able to keep up with him. I rode his bike today and I got hang of the clutch almost instantly. :wave:

Sorry but I don't know what you fully mean by I am green. I want to get the yz125 but I don't know if I will be able to get it. I do need a cheap maintenance bike which is another plus for the two stroke because for me telling my parents I need a few tens more often is better than me telling them I need a few hundreds out of no where. And one of my friends is going to get a 230f so I want to be able to keep up with him. I rode his bike today and I got hang of the clutch almost instantly. :wave:

No matter what you end up getting you'll have a blast, I started riding when I was a kid and it pretty much changed my life. I would check out a few bikes and size them up by sitting on them and getting something that you can ride now and grow into to later.

Last edited:
When I ride my goal is to not toucj

No matter what you end up getting you'll have a blast, I started riding when I was a kid and it pretty much changed my life. I would check out a few bikes and size them up by sitting on them and getting something that you can ride now and grow into to later.
OK. I grow fairly fast and I think I could get the yz125 so that when I grow, I just grow into it. I could also keep it up until I get on the road.

Get another 1,000 together and I'll meet you in Kingman AZ with a fresh restored 2004 YZ125.

Can't post pictures because this site has a size limit. But you can go to CL in Orange County CA and find it under restored. Or maybe I can post a link.

Get another 1,000 together and I'll meet you in Kingman AZ with a fresh restored 2004 YZ125.

Can't post pictures because this site has a size limit. But you can go to CL in Orange County CA and find it under restored. Or maybe I can post a link.
Yeah the very very maximum I can go for I 1250 and that's still pushing it... :/ I found a few on Craigslist that are pretty close to my price range most from around 2001~2003

I am going to try and get a Yz125. The yz85 is good for the size I am now but based on what you guys think and what I thought about I would rather be growing into it then growing out of it. I will be buying it around June. It seems better anyways since one of my friends I will be riding with is going to be buying a crf230f or a crf250f.