Hello!
Thankyou for clicking on my fourm. I would like any help you guys can give. I am just turning 13. I am 5'5 and I weigh 116 pounds with a 32 1/2 inch inseam. I have FAR outgrown my Chinese Baja 70cc. I got it so my little brother could move into it. So now I'm ready for my next bike. I did lots of research and I am for sure interested in two strokes. I am in the used market for $1500 or less. I want to keep the bike all the way until I get my motorcycle license. I want to get a ZX-6R so I want a good stepping stone that still fits my budget. I saw a few nice priced YZ85s on Craigslist and a couple KX100s. I am open if you have a suggestion on a completely different bike. I will be doing trail riding but I plan on going to the track on my next bike just to mess around with some friends. I want to thank everyone in advance for any support yyour willing to give.

The Kx100 is a better trail bike than the yz85. It is slower but works better for the slower sections. The yz85 has a frame and layout that favors taller riders and you are already plenty tall enough for it. It is a nice simple engine, and if you can find one with the bigger wheels you will get a bigger thrill out of it.

On the downside the 85 won't go as long between rebuilds and around here, finding the big wheel versions are tough. If I ever get around to it I am going to finish a couple of yz85 projects (bigbore kitted ones with timing retarded to be more trail friendly). Those are both small wheel versions.

For the parts of nevada I have ridden in (virtually all of it actually) I would prefer the big wheel version of the yamaha to the kx100 to close.

I was also thinking about boring out my bike after a little while to get it close to a 125.
getting it past 105 gets up into the area where you can buy a 125 pretty easily. 112's are spendy to build and spendier yet to maintain. the 105 kits are in the price range of only slight insanity.

Yeah I did just find that out. But I went to the dealer and when I sat on a crf250f which is even a little bit shorter than the yz125 and I could hardly touch the ground and I don't know if that's ok? I know I could make the suspension looser. I think that would bring it down 2 inches. Since I haven't had a two stroke before but I am a good rider I don't know if I should be able to just have my toes on the ground. What do you guys think?

Yeah I did just find that out. But I went to the dealer and when I sat on a crf250f which is even a little bit shorter than the yz125 and I could hardly touch the ground and I don't know if that's ok? I know I could make the suspension looser. I think that would bring it down 2 inches. Since I haven't had a two stroke before but I am a good rider I don't know if I should be able to just have my toes on the ground. What do you guys think?
@ossagp @2strokesteve89