South Devils Hole Rock Toss: May 5 2012 - Part 2

That is normally the case... and I was not shopping for one. In fact, I was looking for Jeeps. But on the way to the AAT Meeting last week I saw this thing in front of a tire shop in Apple Valley well below market price... and I low balled him another $1200... and to my surprise he said yes.

Sometimes you just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

And no Jeep is gonna fit in my Toy Hauler... or tow it to the desert. So for me, a Jeep means taking all my toys, plus the Jeep on my flatbed and sleeping in a tent with my Toy Hauler's AC, Queen size bed, TV, Shower, Toilet, Microwave & Refrigerator sitting at home. :prof:
You have the perfect set up for this thing. Having the toy hauler makes it easy to get it around and if you scored on a good deal then way to go. They are kind of fun to go out toodleing around on.

You can still get a Jeep and go wheeling with us up in the mountains.

Jeep is still in the future. I live 15 minutes from Rattlesnake Canyon heading up to Big Bear so a Jeep is def still in the works.

Currently, I drive my mini van all over the ranch. The Rhino will take over on a lot of that when I am not carrying big loads of materials or tools. And I can take my wife on picnic rides into the local hills of Stoddard and Johnson Valley from our house so no trailering is needed at all. The more I think of it this thing will give us a lot of fun and convenience in the next many years.

Probably only take it to Big Bear for the once per year Devils Hole Work Day... until we buy a Jeep.

Jeep is still in the future. I live 15 minutes from Rattlesnake Canyon heading up to Big Bear so a Jeep is def still in the works.

Currently, I drive my mini van all over the ranch. The Rhino will take over on a lot of that when I am not carrying big loads of materials or tools. And I can take my wife on picnic rides into the local hills of Stoddard and Johnson Valley from our house so no trailering is needed at all. The more I think of it this thing will give us a lot of fun and convenience in the next many years.

Probably only take it to Big Bear for the once per year Devils Hole Work Day... until we buy a Jeep.
I have always wanted to do the Rattlesnake Canyon run and we are going up to the Holcomb Creek Road this Sat. You must not be too far from Rezrider's place. Maybe one of these days we can hook up and do some exploring. I like the sound of your ranch too. :thumb:

I'm having a few RIDERS guys and wives up on Memorial if you guys are gonna be around then.

I have always wanted to do the Rattlesnake Canyon run and we are going up to the Holcomb Creek Road this Sat. You must not be too far from Rezrider's place. Maybe one of these days we can hook up and do some exploring. I like the sound of your ranch too. :thumb:

Bolt, roughly where abouts is your place? I had exchanged posts with someone a while ago on TT that was staying at "a buddies" place" off Big Horn road (I think), could that have been you? Also, Payloan (not on here much) has a friend that's 1 road over from my place (The REZ) in JV... Grandview and Bell/Manzanitta are the closest crossroads. We'll be out there Memorial weekend also.

:focus:

Thinking I might be able to make this. Give me all the W's. Who all is going? Where is everyone staging? What time at the Hole?

Thinking I might be able to make this. Give me all the W's. Who all is going? Where is everyone staging? What time at the Hole?

I am going and not sure on staging yet, johnrunner and his brother, was trying to get REz but he has a mangina, and some guys (3+) over at TT. Going to be a cinco-de-rocko party.

We did a great job on the Arrowhead side of the creek yesterday... but we need a couple hours on the Apple Valley Side. So ride up and meet us at the HOLE on May 5 2012 and toss a few buckets of rocks for the good of the cause !

I'll be at Northshore work center at 8AM to pick up those that wanna caravan to Devils Hole. Leaving Workcenter at 8:30AM SHARP. Arrive at the Hole between 9:30 & 10 AM.

We need a couple Jeeps, 4x4s or UTVs to cart people and buckets up and down the hill.

Feel free to ride up to the HOLE and donate an hour of your time... then finish your ride. The weather up there is great right now. Every little bit helps.

We will have plenty of bottled water for you to load up before you head on.

Thanks... Jeff aka BOLT

Get more details here: http://ridersonline.org/2012/smf/index.php?topic=62.0

Thanks Jeff, but my question was more towards Palmer. I had seen your post, but if I wanted to slum it and ride with that long haired freak, he never gave a firm answer to what he had planned. :noidea:

Thanks Jeff, but my question was more towards Palmer. I had seen your post, but if I wanted to slum it and ride with that long haired freak, he never gave a firm answer to what he had planned. :noidea:

That's because he/Palmer is an Ass! :smirk:

Balls in your court Dirt Bag. :P 7:00 AM at Mcdonalds or mo erly? :cheers: