South Devils Hole Rock Toss: May 5 2012 - Part 2

We did a great job on the Arrowhead side of the creek yesterday... but we need a couple hours on the Apple Valley Side. So ride up and meet us at the HOLE on May 5 2012 and toss a few buckets of rocks for the good of the cause !

I'll be at Northshore work center at 8AM to pick up those that wanna caravan to Devils Hole. Leaving Workcenter at 8:30AM SHARP. Arrive at the Hole between 9:30 & 10 AM.

We need a couple Jeeps, 4x4s or UTVs to cart people and buckets up and down the hill.

Feel free to ride up to the HOLE and donate an hour of your time... then finish your ride. The weather up there is great right now. Every little bit helps.

We will have plenty of bottled water for you to load up before you head on.

Thanks... Jeff aka BOLT

Get more details here: http://ridersonline.org/2012/smf/index.php?topic=62.0

Dang Jeff,

I have my mom for the next couple of weeks (Thur-Friday-Sat) X3 I get the 7th off and then the 21st and 22nd is the RFK otherwise I would love to help out, wish you did it on Sunday instead. How long do you stay out for on the day? I may be able to make a late show but it would be like 3pm.

Pics from Saturday... Hopefully it won;t be all Jeep Guys and ATV Guys working on our dirt bike only trail on Apr 14. :frustrated:

033112_devils_rock_toss.gif

Pics from Saturday... Hopefully it won;t be all Jeep Guys and ATV Guys working on our dirt bike only trail on Apr 14. :frustrated:

033112_devils_rock_toss.gif
Bolt - Sorry your turn out was not that great. What is the quest here, to build a path to cross the river? Wish I could make the 14th, but I have another commitment.

No major changes... we just need to keep tires out of the mud cause it trenchs the soil and makes a mess out of the crossing. All water crossings get this treatment.

No major changes... we just need to keep tires out of the mud cause it trenchs the soil and makes a mess out of the crossing. All water crossings get this treatment.

Yep any changes we make in the turbidity of the water will shut crossings down. We are very lucky to be able to “add” rock to the crossing which changes the bottom of the river/stream without having to jump through Bureaucratic hoops on fire. <(Same as “red tape”).

Looking real good Jeff!

Just saw that the date was changed to May 5th. Going to try and head down there (and hopefully drag my bro with me) to lend a hand. ^Palmer, if you go I'm gonna need you to follow you there cause you know me, I'll get lost :banghead::smirk:

Just saw that the date was changed to May 5th. Going to try and head down there (and hopefully drag my bro with me) to lend a hand. ^Palmer, if you go I'm gonna need you to follow you there cause you know me, I'll get lost :banghead::smirk:

You got it.
Stage at Miller, get a pass at the Shell/Subway for a year, 35$ Or I'll get a 2 vehicle 40$ and you can give me half. :thumb:

You guys all know we are doing this again May 5 2012 ?

This should help me get the buckets to the hole:

I almost hate to admit becoming part of the UTV crowd... but it was stupid cheap... and at the right time. Should be fun.

rhino_ani.gif
These things are fun but you can buy a Jeep for the same cost almost. With these you got to have a trailer to get around too.

These things are fun but you can buy a Jeep for the same cost almost. With these you got to have a trailer to get around too.

That is normally the case... and I was not shopping for one. In fact, I was looking for Jeeps. But on the way to the AAT Meeting last week I saw this thing in front of a tire shop in Apple Valley well below market price... and I low balled him another $1200... and to my surprise he said yes.

Sometimes you just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

And no Jeep is gonna fit in my Toy Hauler... or tow it to the desert. So for me, a Jeep means taking all my toys, plus the Jeep on my flatbed and sleeping in a tent with my Toy Hauler's AC, Queen size bed, TV, Shower, Toilet, Microwave & Refrigerator sitting at home. :prof: