Desert riding and air filters

Peh I threw away my filter a long time ago....that thing was just slowin' me down!

I'd 86 the air box too, huge restriction.....then zip tie a piece of screen onto the carb to keep the biger pieces of dirt out and you're good to go.............:thumb:....:shocked:

:lol::lol::lol:

I just stuff tissue into the intake - that way, if it happens to get sucked into the combustion chamber it ignites and gives you an extra power stroke:prof:

:lol::lol::lol:

I just stuff tissue into the intake - that way, if it happens to get sucked into the combustion chamber it ignites and gives you an extra power stroke:prof:

Excellent use of the bio's.................:thumb: If THAT doesn't earn you some roost nothing will! :smirk:
+ 1 to you N'edge..............Ida never thought of that!

I also use the No-Toil system, but I haven't had any problem with it. Granted I don't ride desert or in really dusty conditions.

Oh and I generally clean mine after 1-2 hrs of riding, which means about after every ride.

we run that aswell. works amazingly especially when you have 3 or 4 filters to clean. we don't have any problem with running it. I did a race at Arizona Cycle Park and the whole track was silt except the MX track. Not very many bikes finished, but my bike did and not much dirt got through. i was excepting the topend to go the next ride...but its running strong still.

Well we have a winner. Uni filter and the PJ-1 and no dust getting past. Oh and the filter was twice as dirty compared to the No-toil stuff. :banana::banana::banana: