All December 16th-17th Ocotillo Wells First Father Son Ride

Going to be In Ocotillo Wells Friday & Saturday the 16th and 17th with my son. Going out for our first father son ride. it will be a really slow ride as he is only 7 and on that TTR-50. nothing planned exactly but ill prolly just have him follow me to all the main places that are easy to get to. its nothing crazy but if anyone wants to join us or just stop by and say hi we will be out there puttin around... gonna try to grab a awning at cahula(or whatever the road is called just past the blu-inn). If i cant ill go just over the ridge past the awning's and find a spot to the left. Should be out there around 2pm fri.

Between Blu Inn for grub and :icecream:, you should be able to shell reef to see the crazies and look for fossels, Gas Domes for he bubbling mud, with a swing by Artesian Wells, he will be stoked.:thumb: It seems like just yesterday My Daughter was on her 125, Butthead on his PW50, and me on the 490, tent camping out there and doing all those sights. Good times hanging with your kids for sure. :banana:

i have never actually seen bubbling mud myself :lol: wells, reef, pumpkin patch and maybe down the road to blowsand was in my mind... :banana: gonna be a cool couple days

If you do Pumpkin Patch, the trails leading North (Cross Over & Pumpkin Patch), are pretty tough for the little ones. Maybe hit all the Southern sites one day, and pack a lunch, and make a day ride up to PP the other. :noidea:

yea im not set on anything ... we will jsut go and have fun. im gonna hook up my cala rider headphone mics to both of our helmets so we can for one talk and second i wont have to constantly be looking back. I thought about setting a way and having him lead for a second but the thought of head ons scare the shit out of me so i will lead.

well weather turned to shit with 30 mph winds. So instead of getting out there for only a hour of daylight to deal with winds all night was a no go.... we are gonna head out in the morning instead

High wind is a turn off. Good idea to not go. what does tomorrow look like?

more shit :foul:
Partly cloudy in the morning...becoming mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs 60 to 65. Areas of winds northeast 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph in the morning becoming light. Chance of measurable precipitation 40 percent.