2 Stroke cr85 spooge no idle

I have came along ways since my last post, i have a new top end, and i have all stock jets in the carb. The bike wint idle at all and it doesnt have any bottom end. Its also spitting oil out the exhaust and by the exhaust port. I have a 125 main and 55 pilot. Once you get into the upper rpms the thing runs like a beast. Its just that it has no low end and it spooges everywhere. Could my pilot be too rich? Or could i neec to replace clutcg sicde crank seal?
Any help is appreciated thanks.

Ok, first off using 50:1 fuel mix will make your engine run real rich . It should be at about 32:1. When your reduce the oil content of the fuel mix you have increased the gas content and thus your are running real rich.
The float height is set by bending the metal tab on the float. The service manual will have the exact setting needed. Also make sure the needle is actually closing and sealing when closed, if not you will be flooding the engine with more fuel than it can burn.
The leak test will check you crank seal.

Paw Paw

Ok i will remix to 32:1.
I will check the float level
i really belive its that crank seal, the spooge doesnt smell like gas, and its thick oil.
I will go over all that once i get home.
What about my pilot jet, should i go down a couple sizes on that?

Until you do the other things, I would not change the stock jetting at this point as the fuel mix change will do some leaning of the fuel mix..

Paw Paw

Your float setting will affect the symptoms you mention more than you realize. I bet your bike's has never been set. Leaves it running like a pos. I buy them that way with new top ends.

Hey guys just checking back in, i checked the float level it has never been set. I set it to my knowledge, i dont have the float adjusment ruler. I also drained my oil. I put 600ml in the bike and had atlest 500 come out. The oil is looks like it has a lil green, mostly black though. I may just be seeing things. So the crankshaft seal is eliminated. I will get new oil tomorrow and see what it does.

I dont know what you mean by a "float adjustment ruler", so I don't have one either. if you get the height specs it will be in mm. you can use a wrench of the same measurement and use your imagination on how to use it to measure or cut piece of cardboard or plastic to keep in the tool box. 10 bucks for a set of calipers may be money well spent too.

I am only guessing what you came up with when you say you "set it to my knowledge". If I don't have the specs I set one by adjusting that tab to where you get maximum leverage from the float arms to the needle. That will be the position where the foat arms and the needle are at a perfect right angle. (if you can't understand this go get on a bicycle and see what angle your lower leg is when you can get the most push on the pedal when compared to the pedal arm.) That is the default setting that the carburetor makers send them out at when the unit is for a "generic" or after market sale where no particular model is targeted. for reasons such as angle and even emissions some motorcycle builders ordered them set differently in the past. As you get deeper and deeper into this you will find ways to make float levels work for you to achieve "non OE results".

It is best when you are as far down the list on owners as you to have the engine back to stock or near stock jet sizes after you set the float to factory specs. The reason is that the lost souls who were bandaiding a used bike in it's past a lot of time try to "cure" it by jetting it down. (This kind of tuner is really good at saying things like "all bikes require different jetting, even if they are the same make and model, and have identical parts", and then don't explain any further.) If one of those has worked on your bike before, and you actually do the float fix it may now be dangerously lean. So it is good to know yours is back to stock to start out with. I reset before I do any rejetting.

Now you NEED to find out if it is really shutting off at the point I am referring to: I do this like a million others do, by putting a long piece of fuel line on so i can hold the carburetor upside down and up to eye level. i move the float through it's range as i exhale through the fuel line. Vibration and motion will affect this while the rig is running, but this is where you start, or where I start. It (float level) is about the only part of the carburetor that can have a drastic affect on your jetting at all throttle openings.

Now as your guess on the oil coming from the transmission because it seemed like a heavy viscosity: If you are under 18 I will call that the wrong end of a 50-50. If you are older I will call it short sighted. You could take straight gas and clean out your lower end, upper end, and entire exhaust system. Say you did it with about an ounce of straight fuel. You will end up with some "goo" on a bike the age of yours that is far thicker than anything you are pouring into your transmission I bet. Rule of thumb is to test and not guess.

Hey guys, checking back in. After float adjustment it seems to run a little bit better. I think the bogging has went down some. It still does spooge though. Also i fouled a plug so i have to wait till tomorrow to get one from a atv shop. Auto parts store around here dont have any. Like i said it seems like its getting a little better. Im still running rich though

I bent the tab a little bit more last night. I just want to see it change. So if it starts tunninh lean then i know i went to far back and i just need to readjust. It did run a little bit better after i did it the first time. I may have to go down a couple on the pilot jet. Cant tell in the main because the neighboors are always complaining when i open it up on the road.

the thing you are probably facing is trying to do short runs to determine the way it is running and you probably have a crankcase full of stale fuel and oil. when I say "full" it is a case of maybe an ounce or even more of unburned stuff in there. three or four full throttle all the way through the gears blasts should see it start to work itself out. having a pipe that is all wet inside insures that at least some if is getting blown back into the combustion chamber as your exhaust system does it's job. The rest inside the engine is going no where until you get it to full operating temp for awhile either.

if you didnt test the seat and needle for leaks and the sleeve the needle rides in your may just be as they say "pissing in the wind". it gets less frustrating when you take all the steps.

The shutoff valve is sealing. Next thing i will do is adjust the needle clip. The 2004 service book says that i need a 125 main 50 pilot and 2nd clip on the needle screw. The bike comes factory rich. Right now i have a 55, so i will go pick up a 50 and two spark plugs. I have been taking all the steps. I belive my problem lies in the carb. I got the bike with a 145 main. And no pilot jet. The bike is all stock except fmf silencer. So if i can just get the carb to all default stock settings then i can go from there. I just want to see improvements. If i keep playing with the carb and it makes no improvements, then i may have another problem i need to address first.