CR500 horsepower

So much of the desert looks like that, but I would have guessed somewhere between Randsburg and Ridgecrest if I had to. You can still use that area year around?

So much of the desert looks like that, but I would have guessed somewhere between Randsburg and Ridgecrest if I had to. You can still use that area year around?

You are close. It's east of 395. But still between both of those locations.

Yes year round if you can handle the heat in the summer.

One summer I lived in Pearblossom (June to Aug 29th, 1969). I used to wear actual leather pants to ride in then. Now I realize it was sunstroke causing me to do that or else I was just too bored not to. If anyone from that era and area remembers a man named Craig Halstead, you know one of the toughest. He was in his mid 60's then, and if I wanted to ride he was on his Hodaka and ready to go. Introduced me to some of the Mulder clan.

You may not beleive this but, I have drag raced a couple of street bikes. Oh and I must tell you a 2009 Corvette. The harley and the vette had no chance. The only one to beat me in the race we set up was a 2009 Kawasaki 1200. This was at a 1/4 mile section of road. I should have video teped them. The guy in the Vette was so imbarrest it was funny. He got beat by a 2000 Honda CR500. :lol:

rack must have been on a KX500af
cda was on a CR500af
While the both of them gained up on me and burried me in the corner. Only another 500cc two stroke can do that. :lol: :lol: :P

If my 500 had less torque would that make it more usable? Or is my 500cc not usable becuase the power and torque is harder hitting? If I needed to mellow the power and torque on my 500 all I would have to do is change my gearing. What do you need to do to make the 450 as fast as a 500cc?