2 Stroke Cool Heads for your CR500?

A man on another site used one from Phatheads on his cr500 and was quite happy with it. Like AF I never liked the idea of adding another place to have to seal either. That said, I looked a head from Phatheads and have to admit that it was a very well made piece and seemed reasonably priced and one way to go up on compression if you want it. I still prefer cutting a stocker to do what you want, and on my cr500 I plan to take one of my cut heads and have a compression release installed to aid starting. The reason being that cases are harder to come by and as these critters age it is easier to break one on a kickback during starting.

FYI my 87 has had almost nothing but ATF in it since 1988 and the gears are in fine shape.

Thx for the input on the heads....Im putting that on hold for the moment until I do more research.

Yesterday I did a 2 hour long ride of sand; climbing long dunes, wide open throttle parts and slow technical stuff as well. I hit the dirt only twice, I have noticed a substantial improvement in my riding since I lost some weight, and since I switched to articulated boots.

I notice the slow stuff is really hard when you have to manage balance, braking with foot and hand brake, throttle and clutch feathering....all while remembering to press your legs when jumping a ditch or a small obstacle that leads up to a climb. The bike sure doesn't like being on low revs and stalling is an issue, Im looking into a rekluse, but I feel like its cheating:) Any way Im in it for the fun and kicking the beast in the middle of the desert at 40 Celsius after an hour of riding is not that fun....

I will check into the Rotella thx for the tip![/QUOT

If you are still using the stick carburetor you will find the upgrade to a pwk well worth it.

To help you grip the tank better, turn your toes in. It is much easier to apply pressure that way. After you have that habit down, start putting the ball of one foot on the front if the peg and the opposite foot in the back of its peg. Your balance improves and the load on your grip and forearms is less.

Here is a thread that is for the CR500. Guess what it's not my thread. If you happen to read this thread. You will noticed it only took four posting for this thread to be anything but the CR500.. :noidea: :panic:

How do you figure it I caused it to be off topic? You guys just got a vendetta with me wanting to talk about the 500cc two stroke. You see me post on the thread and boom there you are..

How do you figure it I caused it to be off topic? You guys just got a vendetta with me wanting to talk about the 500cc two stroke. You see me post on the thread and boom there you are..
No we don't you just posted completely randomly this

Here is a thread that is for the CR500. Guess what it's not my thread. If you happen to read this thread. You will noticed it only took four posting for this thread to be anything but the CR500..

The thread was not about CR500's in specific, but rather about Cool Heads being a good modification for his CR500, he also asked about which lubricant he should use in the transmission, it was answered, he was not attacked. Nobody bashed CR500's or you.

Take a chill pill Dennis, enjoy life :)

No we don't you just posted completely randomly this

Here is a thread that is for the CR500. Guess what it's not my thread. If you happen to read this thread. You will noticed it only took four posting for this thread to be anything but the CR500..

The thread was not about CR500's in specific, but rather about Cool Heads being a good modification for his CR500, he also asked about which lubricant he should use in the transmission, it was answered, he was not attacked. Nobody bashed CR500's or you.

Take a chill pill Dennis, enjoy life :)

Yeah, carpe diem!

I see a lot of banshees running cool heads. My uncle had one, and last time I heard it was leaking. He never said it was great for power. I think people like them because they are shiny, add some sort of power, and not too expensive.