2 Stroke Clutch Lifter Rod.

Hello Sir's,CYKSxx7, 86 CR250R again. I have seem to have run into another Problem. This time it's the Clutch Lifter Rod (a.k.a Pushrod). Upon disassembly of the Clutch I found the Lifter Rod (Pushrod) can't come out of the Shaft. Is this normal or is there another way to get the Lifter Rod (Pushrod). OUT of the SHAFT.

Attachments

• 2d. Lock Washer..JPG
    2d. Lock Washer..JPG
    230 KB · Views: 32
Sir, I removed the Stator (Stator Plate) and removed the "Clutch Lever" (arm from the Clutch Cable) and still the Lifter Rod (Pushrod) will not come out of the (Right side) shaft. Haven't tried to take the Inner Pressure Plate OFF get at the Lifter Rod (Pushrod)..

Attachments

• Clutch Lifter (Lever).JPG
    Clutch Lifter (Lever).JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 29
Hmm, okay. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that thing should just come right out.
I'm not sure what problem you're trying to fix, but if you need to remove the rest of the clutch basket you might as well get on it and see if it allows removal of that rod.
Maybe one of the big dogs here will chime in soon and offer some helpful advice...

If the push rod does not come out freely, the rod must be bent or mushroomed to be preventing it from being removed. Once the pressure plate is removed there is nothing to disconect.

Sir's, To tell the truth I'm having trouble with the LOCK NUT on the clutches Shaft, I've tried very Hard to loosen the Nut even with the use of a Flywheel-Clutch Holder. It might have been put on with Loctite. I'm trying to get my hands on a 1/2" Impact Driver w/a 27mm Socket. Any advice on how to loosen this Nut would be great. I'm getting a replacement Washer soon.

Attachments

• Crush, Kill, Destroy....JPG
    Crush, Kill, Destroy....JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 25
Don't do any more crushing, killing, or destroying!!!
You might find that parts of that vintage are not easy to come by, and by the looks of that clutch center you're well on your way to the eBay site.

Sir's According to the Manual the Washer gets Destroyed and replaced with a New one. There is one more idea I really haven't tried. In the next Photo, there is a 9mm Bolt in the upper right corner. Could this Bolt be un-tighten or taken out with out any further troubles. Or is it just a Case Bolt. Thank you Sir's this is my only means of finding information on this 86 CR250R.

Attachments

• 9mm Bolt ....JPG
    9mm Bolt ....JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 21
Sir's According to the Manual the Washer gets Destroyed and replaced with a New one.
It was kinda hard to tell but it looked like you were destroying the aluminum underneath the washer as well.
If not, then all good, carry on.

The bolt in the upper right corner is an 8mm, and it is a case bolt. There is also another one underneath it.

I think I see some chewed up metal there as well, nice pics btw hate fuzzy pics or I wouldn't be able to see you marring that nut or the red loctite. Breaker bar for sure, the proper size socket and maybe a light torch. I actually use a piece of 1" steel pipe and slide over the socket wrench, but you need a 3rd hand if your not creative. Gotta keep the socket from twisting off square or that nut will get worse. Id use another pipe and the foot peg, or the edge of the bike stand as hold leverage for the basket tool just because I never ask for help. (unless I am bump starting lol)
Good
Luck

If a breaker bar doesn't work in like 5 minutes, I prefer to load the bike up, bring it to a shop and have them zip it off. Done deal.
Unless you have an old-school IR231, which I do :P.

Hello Sirs, I have a Compressor (No 1/2" Impact driver, I do have a 27mm 6pt. Socket) Maybe borrow one from a Auto Parts Store ? I have a Flywheel-Clutch Holder. And a Buddy to lend me a hand. I'm not too crazy about Torching it though. I hope it's not Loctite.

Attachments

• IMG_6308.JPG
    IMG_6308.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 15
You can 'rent' tools from Autozone. What you do is buy one, then return it. If they have a 1/2" impact and you have an air compressor worthy of such a job, go get one.
Chances are (if you have enough CFM and a decent impact) you wont need a breaker bar, the flywheel holder, or your friend.
Just find a decent work glove to hold the clutch basket with and zip that nut off.
I am in the tear-down process of a 98 CR250 right now, and the nut came off in one blast of air no problemo.
Loctite will not be an issue, and forget about using a torch, you wont need it.
You should have that nut off and the pushrod in your hand tonight.

Also - I have one of those clutch holder tools as well. I still have yet to use it or need it.