Chevy K-10 problems

I'm working on getting my truck ready for sale. That aint working out! I still have a lot of work to do. But, here is a new problem. First, smoke. The guy I bought it from had way too much oil in it. Second, that deathly, unGodly grinding when I tried to shift her into drive. I'll be draining the oil tomorrow and checking for shards n shit. Time to start dropping some dollars down!

The list goes on also. And yet more to find. :rolleyes:

Anyone want to donate to the RTF foundation? It's for a good cause! Just don't ask what it stands for. :devil:

I'm working on getting my truck ready for sale. That aint working out! I still have a lot of work to do. But, here is a new problem. First, smoke. The guy I bought it from had way too much oil in it. Second, that deathly, unGodly grinding when I tried to shift her into drive. I'll be draining the oil tomorrow and checking for shards n shit. Time to start dropping some dollars down!

The list goes on also. And yet more to find. :rolleyes:

Anyone want to donate to the RTF foundation? It's for a good cause! Just don't ask what it stands for. :devil:

Riley trades to a FORD!!!! :smirk:

bout time you got away from a GM.....GUTTLESS MOTOR :lol:

:shocked: umm.. Is there any oil in it... It sounds like every valve is about to fly apart....

The choke is stuck on...

When it made all that noise was that you shifting from gear to park... That big noise at the end was the parking paw...

:shocked: umm.. Is there any oil in it... It sounds like every valve is about to fly apart....

The choke is stuck on...

When it made all that noise was that you shifting from gear to park... That big noise at the end was the parking paw...

Oh yes, there is oil in it. Way too much oil though. (the previous owner is a COMPLETE idiot).

Really? It's been like that always. When you shift to drive and reverse, the idle is cut down a lot and normal.

Yup, I shifted into drive to see if she'd go anywhere. When I noticed nothing was going, I went back to park and that's when it went to hell.

Oh yes, there is oil in it. Way too much oil though. (the previous owner is a COMPLETE idiot).

Really? It's been like that always. When you shift to drive and reverse, the idle is cut down a lot and normal.

Yup, I shifted into drive to see if she'd go anywhere. When I noticed nothing was going, I went back to park and that's when it went to hell.

Check your transfer case shifter Be sure its in gear..

Theres a hose coming from the valve covor that looks like you have it doing to a header bolt lol...... Its supposed to go on the big port (probably on the back of the carb..)

Another thing.. Your pcv valve is not hooked up lol

:lol: Really? I thought it was!

Check your transfer case shifter Be sure its in gear..

Will do! :thumb:

Theres a hose coming from the valve covor that looks like you have it doing to a header bolt lol...... Its supposed to go on the big port (probably on the back of the carb..)

I'm so confused. Aint that the PCV? I dont know why it's running to the header bolt though. :picard: