Chest protector thoughts

I have one of these:
pg407a03bks_med.jpg

I never wear it though. It's uncomfortable to me. But after actually thinking about it, I should start wearing something for protection. I want something thin though.

Riley, take off the shoulder gaurds and arm gaurds. If you have to take the arm gaurd elastic and sew it up to fit. They are really important IMO that's what I did with mine and it very light, protective and comfortable.

last time i wore a chest protector was 2 years ago, i dont like the feeling of them, idk just me, but i need one of the thor ones or something, just incase i slam my stomach on my handlebars

A couple years ago, I got pitched over the bars and landed on a volleyball size rock. Chest proctector broke my fall even though it knocked the wind out me. It broke diagonally all the way across too. BUT, ended up with bruised ribs versus broken ribs. They do serve a purpose.:prof:

Roost vests have saved me major medical bills more than a few times, but I am still searching for the perfect vest. Hard shells are great for front and back hits, but have little side torso protection. Pressure suits are good, but can be confining. Wish I could find something that combines the best of both.
I currently wear a Skeletools vest, moderate to good protection, good design on fitment and ability to adjust shoulder pads and is well vented for hot weather riding, but could use more back protection.
I just found this company called Velocity Gear, their gear looks interesting.
http://highvelocitygear.com/motorcyclebodyarmor.html

i have the fox raceframe its decent i guess. the only thing i dont like about it(could be jsut cause my body build) is when i turn my head the helmet hits the shoulder part and stops me. So looking back is kinda tough as i have to turn my whole upper body to see behind me.

other then that i have no gripes with it.