Chest Protector Recommendations

James

Staff member
I'm starting to look for something that I can wear under my enduro jacket that will not be so bulky. I like my fox that I'm wearing now and it has taken some good hits, but too bulky for under the jacket.
Are you talking about under the jersey? I know a few pros that wear the Leatt Body Vest Adventure Lite, it's a pretty minimalistic design that offers decent core protection.
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/Leatt-Adventure-Lite-Body-Vest
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/LEATT-BODY-VEST

If you're looking for something that also offers limited side and shoulder protection I'd look into the SixSixOne Core Saver. This is what I'm currently wearing with my Leatt.
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/2012-SIXSIXONE-CORE-SAVER
yea that is what i use now... or some fox one i cant remember what its called exactly but i am taking interest in this foam stuff. I mean if its rocks or roost im concerned about the most i would stick with the hard plastic. My worry is the hard impact. we all have to take a bite out of that pie sooner or later and if this new foam tech is better then i want to know.

i havent done enough research on them Or talked to anyone who has one to make me ditch my current one for no reason yet.
:lol: Dang, foam being better that hard plastic is a hard concept to wrap my brain around. Curious as to how it'll hold up to a foot peg.

I do like how this thing looks though.
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/Leatt-3DF-Body-Vest

Correct however the SAFER walls have a [floating] metal wall that helps distribute the force. Take away that outer shell and you'll be left with nothing. :noidea:

this is why i want to look into it more. or wait till its better. its prolly not that hard to figure out tho. imagine hard plastic coated with shock absorbing foam. the concept is great but it dont look like its there yet. leatt might be on to something tho.

James

Staff member
this is why i want to look into it more. or wait till its better. its prolly not that hard to figure out tho. imagine hard plastic coated with shock absorbing foam. the concept is great but it dont look like its there yet. leatt might be on to something tho.
Yeah not going to knock it until I actually see it, heck I've seen some of the crazy stuff the geeks at DARPA have come up with. Maybe it's similar to that impact stuff that's "soft" and flexible until it's hit, at which point it becomes hard. Or maybe this isn't being designed for impacts on hard objects like foot pegs. :noidea:

also alot of the chest protecters are designed to dispense the impact pressure on different parts of your body. those under shirts foam things look like they are just to absorb. like james i wont knock it tell i see more of it, but im not going to be one of the guinea pigs.

Back in 1983 my chest protecter was a Thick T-shirt underneath my longsleeve cotton Jersey... :lol:
When I got back into bikes I decided that I wanted a chest protector for impact and opted for the acerbis... What a great protector, loved it! Sadly enough it wore out and I spent the last 5 yrs trying to find something that would work for me and I have yet to find one that makes me feel close to comfortable. I'm still searching and currently have 3 semi used protectors in the garage. An Answer, a EVS... and a Thor...

Personally, I wear a Tek-Vest but, I'm an old fart that has busted too many ribs before. Monkey- Boy wears a Thor Sentinel that works great with the Leatt brace. We are going to order a Moto-Vest that looks pretty good - they are kinda like a bull riding vest. :thumb: check them out :thumb:

I currently wear this one, just because it is form fitted :smirk:
AR217A_Spaulders.JPG

:lol:

I really like the foam idea for roost but I don't see them being any match for bars, foot pegs or even trees for that matter. I took a good hit over the bars shot to the chest with my current hard plastic vest and still hurt like a mofo and probably snapped a rib or two but foam seems like would have been much worse. :noidea: yall let me know when you have gooden and if it protected you, I am all in :thumb:

Personally, I wear a Tek-Vest but, I'm an old fart that has busted too many ribs before. Monkey- Boy wears a Thor Sentinel that works great with the Leatt brace. We are going to order a Moto-Vest that looks pretty good - they are kinda like a bull riding vest. :thumb: check them out :thumb:

I heard those tek-vests are awesome as well as the moto vests.