Cheap threads

SRAD97750

Staff member
Hey Y'all! I'm a big fellow and have a skinny wallet.
I am looking to get a couple pairs of jersey/pants. Where are you guys finding mx gear the cheapest?
I know you're not paying $160 for fox pants...:naughty: Chaparral is rediculous and NEVER has my sizes in stock...
I don't need crazy colors or matching sets, just some riding stuff I can get dirty...

With protective gear and comfort involved I want 46" waist and a XXXL jersey. That's right... 3 X's...
THANKS IN ADVANCE! -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT-The roost stick is at the ready...

I'm a bit time close out shopper. This is a good time of year for it. I tend to find the best at Motorcycle-Superstore.com. They have quite a bit. I will not buy closeouts from BikeBandit because they don't take returns on closeouts. Even Cycle Gear can have a few good deals from time to time. Only one problem. Big gear is not usually available, but check. I wear a 40's and they can be hard to find.

Sweet thread. :thumb: Keep the tips coming. I always on the look out for good deals on gear. I always check the closeout sections but its pretty hit and miss.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Thanks for your responses! I have spent a few hours sifting through all those links.
Found some 44(too small) pants for $42 but says they run small...
Found lots of $16-$20 jerseys but they only go to XXL...

I think 46 is a weird size because I haven't found a single pair in that size, either 44 or 48. I think 48 would be way too big and fall down and :moon: the guy behind me. I split some 44s when I tucked in thermals, two shirts, and a kidney belt!

If anyone finds some gear in heavier sizes, I would love to take a peek. Thanks!!
Keep Em Coming!!! My size or Not!

WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR GEAR???? -BIG DAN:thumb:

I wish I could help ya Dan. I dont pay much attention to the men's sizes. I'd be happy just to be able to try on more then Fox gear without driving all the way to Chapparral. They dont stock much women's anything in most of the stores. Usually just one or two brands. And most women's gear is made cheaper and corners cut. Reminds me of a pair of street boots I bought by Sidi. Mens version had a leather patch over the foot where the shifter hits. the women's didnt have it!! WTF! We dont shift? We are one legged? We only ride passenger?? I wont buy Sidi now because of that. Last year they finally came out with a women's race boot. But I still think Im going to get some Alpines instead. Im still :rant:pissed about that!! It is a diss to women as far as Im concerned.

When you want me to "Bedazzle" your jersey or pants let me know. I custom design and bedazzle gear, fenders and casts. Everyone should have a good suit in there closet and a set of glitter glam gear to ride in:smirk:

No need for the Roost Big Dan, but I'm not quite in the same boat as you. I like the 3X shirt/jersey, but since they're so hard to find, I just go with the long sleeve tees. I've got a cool DBA one, and I would recommed those, but since they were available on preorder only, 4 months ago, they aren't an option any more.(James, insert comment here) :smirk: As for pants, I only need a 40, so I can usually hit the clearance rack at Chaparral, and get decent pairs for the $65 range.

Hey Y'all! I'm a big fellow and have a skinny wallet.
I am looking to get a couple pairs of jersey/pants. Where are you guys finding mx gear the cheapest?
I know you're not paying $160 for fox pants...:naughty: Chaparral is rediculous and NEVER has my sizes in stock...
I don't need crazy colors or matching sets, just some riding stuff I can get dirty...

With protective gear and comfort involved I want 46" waist and a XXXL jersey. That's right... 3 X's...
THANKS IN ADVANCE! -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT-The roost stick is at the ready...

Big Dan,
I think the days of $100 pants are long gone even though it was only 4-5 years ago when I got mine. I had bought a Jersey or 2 from cycle gear...don't remember the price but I know it was cheaper than the dealer. Keep your eyes open for Ocelot apparel, even as a set (Pants, boots and jersey) it's pretty inexpensive. Let our fingers do the walking on-line...check out the brand name stuff for close outs...You're in Riverside, check out Malcolms clearance rack...they had all kinds of stuff last time I was in there. :thumb:...e-bay's another avenue if you don't mind using it. A buddy of mine was pinching pennys and bought his stuff there ($25-30 for a jersey....:shocked:), can't beat that but you're limited to choices. but as you say you're not concerned about that.
Good luck
REZ

No need for the Roost Big Dan, but I'm not quite in the same boat as you. I like the 3X shirt/jersey, but since they're so hard to find, I just go with the long sleeve tees. I've got a cool DBA one, and I would recommed those, but since they were available on preorder only, 4 months ago, they aren't an option any more.(James, insert comment here) :smirk: As for pants, I only need a 40, so I can usually hit the clearance rack at Chaparral, and get decent pairs for the $65 range.

:kissass:...I think you forgot to add this.........:P

:kissass:...I think you forgot to add this.........:P

You must not of read this part. :smirk: