Changing out flat tubes in the middle of nowhere!!!!

I just took a shot of what's packed in my vest. I carry a tube, as well as patches, and 5 CO2 bottles.
MeansMay2010002.jpg

I just took a shot of what's packed in my vest. I carry a tube, as well as patches, and 5 CO2 bottles.
MeansMay2010002.jpg

Changed one today, I pack a little less and virtually nothing on tune up rides.
A tune up ride is a 38 mile loop I do at Cow Mt that is 20 minutes from my house.

I always carry a plug and wrench and a clutch cable. Up here you are always dicing between
trees. Our levers/hands are always well protected. Maybe two/thirds of what you have.

If you get lucky, you find the nail in the tire at camp, not on the trail -
IMAG0002-2.jpg

A nice shade tree, portable air compressor, and a cold beer. The fact that it was 100 degrees wasn't bad, but the 4 flies buzzing around my head during the change was very annoying.
I do agree that letting someone else carry all the tools on the trail is the best way to go :banana:.
And also pretend not knowing how to change a tire, ask if they can show you how :banana::banana:.

If you get lucky, you find the nail in the tire at camp, not on the trail -
IMAG0002-2.jpg

A nice shade tree, portable air compressor, and a cold beer. The fact that it was 100 degrees wasn't bad, but the 4 flies buzzing around my head during the change was very annoying.
I do agree that letting someone else carry all the tools on the trail is the best way to go :banana:.
And also pretend not knowing how to change a tire, ask if they can show you how :banana::banana:.
Gotta love that old thread. The scars from the whipping I took are still there.:shocked: Thanks.:moon::wave:

Gee, thanks for reminding me of that, I had just about forgotten about that fiasco, once again get to feel the shame...........

Never again.

Next time, the tire gets fixed, or the bike rides back to camp with a flat and NOTHING is said or posted.

Never again. :foul::foul:

Hope ya know I'm kidding. If we can't poke at each other than we might as well quit posting. At the very least, I carry a bunch of tools now and learned a lesson.:thumb:

I know that you weenie. I probably come off pissed 'cuz of the chili cheeseburger / patron / tri tip withdrawal.

And the yelling, that's what's been missing from the trips lately, you are very vocal, did you know that? I am surprised Chris hasn't killed you.

:devil: