Change KTM 450 EXC on the KTM 125 EXC.

I like my KTM 450 EXC, but the problem is that I find it hard to manage them. What do you think, does it make sense to change the KTM 450 EXC for KTM 125 EXC 2t. Or I'm crazy?.

SRAD97750

Staff member
The KTM 150 2T is an awesome bike for a light rider. I've seen some awesome stuff pulled off on this bike!
2010-KTM-150SXa.jpg

Looks like a small tank, but I bet it just sips the gas.
Beautiful! -BIG DAN:thumb:

When you say "manage: are you reffering to the power or the maintenance? So your 6' and around 170lbs? if google didn't lie. We dont use metric system much around here unless it is a wrench. :lol:

I'd go with the 200cc 2T KTM over the 125. The 125 lacks torque at low RPMs. Once "on the pipe" a 125 has surprising power. The 200 isn't all that much more powerful at high revs, but has a lot more torque at low RPMs.

Im 6' and 171lbs.
I ride only on the off road (European country cross or enduro race) and do not motocross. Operation and maintenance of the motorcycle is not a problem. The problem is that when driving for 450 EXC I get tired very quickly and are often forced to stop the race due to the fact that I am struggling with the bike more than the ride on it. Perhaps, he is heavy for me or powerful.

Attachments

• 111 copy.JPG
    111 copy.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 29
  • gallery_829_72_911743.jpg
    gallery_829_72_911743.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 31
Ive had three 200s, they are great bikes. The 125EXC is no longer available here in the USA, but I heard it was a nice bike. The 200 motor has an adjustable power valve and can be made very smooth.

Im 6' and 171lbs.
I ride only on the off road (European country cross or enduro race) and do not motocross. Operation and maintenance of the motorcycle is not a problem. The problem is that when driving for 450 EXC I get tired very quickly and are often forced to stop the race due to the fact that I am struggling with the bike more than the ride on it. Perhaps, he is heavy for me or powerful.
have you set the suspension for your weight and skill level?

I don't care much for pumpkins, but now with that being said the 200cc 2-stroke is the perfect sized bike for all sized riders at all skill levels. Too bad Husky doesn't build one. I guess I'll have to design and build my own. :)