Chain Saw mounts.. Not for you dez riders or mx dudes....

YZ426005.jpg

IMG_1976crop.jpg

948089221_VjnbZ-L.jpg

Now that is a thing of beauty right there. That is going to be my next modificatoin before spring comes so I can go clear trail without someone else to help.

The FS guys I've been on trail maintenance with have a mount that goes over the rear. Kind a modded rear rack. Worked great.

My buddies have tried several locations and said that the rear is the worst possible spot if you are trying to put any miles in while doing your trail work. It really changes the way the rear end bounces around. In the front you won't notice much added weight and it also seems to get snagged on less stuff. I have also seen the rear mounts and while they look very good and functional they seem to change the bikes ergos too much for a long and successful trial work day. Most of us have our saws in a backpack which sucks and that is why I want a mount like some of these that go in the front.

Now if they could just find a way to mount it and still have your bike be legal with the lights. I guess that is the benefit of the rear rack.

My buddies have tried several locations and said that the rear is the worst possible spot if you are trying to put any miles in while doing your trail work. It really changes the way the rear end bounces around. In the front you won't notice much added weight and it also seems to get snagged on less stuff. I have also seen the rear mounts and while they look very good and functional they seem to change the bikes ergos too much for a long and successful trial work day. Most of us have our saws in a backpack which sucks and that is why I want a mount like some of these that go in the front.

Now if they could just find a way to mount it and still have your bike be legal with the lights. I guess that is the benefit of the rear rack.

Make an led conversion like palmer did and either mount it on the side of the saw or above it. :ride:

Us Desert guys carry sledge hammers, Star drills and dynamite, you never know when you need to move some rocks for James. :smirk:
I don't think I would ever carry a chain saw without the blade sheath on it, no way, no how. :naughty:

Make an led conversion like palmer did and either mount it on the side of the saw or above it. :ride:

Must be DOT! The law states that since I have a plated bike it must be in full street legal working order even if I am riding it off road in an OHV park. That means all lights and blinkers and such must work along with having at least one mirror. So the dilemma for me is that I must find a way to mount a DOT legal light in front of the saw. Having the saw on the back of the bike is just not an option on the trails we ride. Some are so steep that you need to be standing and hovering over that back fender and if you hit on good bump the saw would kick you right over your bars.

Must be DOT!

At some point you just have to F it and ride anyhow. Besides what are the chances of finding Mr Law on those trails anyhow?

On another note, I've been told that "everything must be DOT legal" line before and it is only partially true. No one has written me a ticket yet and if I eventually get one, I'll just pay.

At some point you just have to F it and ride anyhow. Besides what are the chances of finding Mr Law on those trails anyhow?

On another note, I've been told that "everything must be DOT legal" line before and it is only partially true. No one has written me a ticket yet and if I eventually get one, I'll just pay.

Good point but I am looking for a solution for night time riding with the saw on the front that at least looks like it might be legal. I mean I guess I could go with helmet lights or some lights on the side of the saw.