Chain Saw mounts.. Not for you dez riders or mx dudes....

Good point but I am looking for a solution for night time riding with the saw on the front that at least looks like it might be legal. I mean I guess I could go with helmet lights or some lights on the side of the saw.

OK it's official. A chainsaw at night? Holy crap. Clearing trail at night? Now that more than I had thought of before.

I think it will be a tall order to figure out something that would actually be DOT legal. No matter what the light will be in harms way if it has to be somewhere the saw is not.

WoW! Those mounts rock! I would love some plans or details on how those are made! Only problem is that I have Stihl 026 and 029's with 16" and 20" bars. They are pigs. I do have a junky Poulan that has a weedeater engine. That might work for bike trail toting. Please share!

Must be DOT! The law states that since I have a plated bike it must be in full street legal working order even if I am riding it off road in an OHV park. That means all lights and blinkers and such must work along with having at least one mirror. So the dilemma for me is that I must find a way to mount a DOT legal light in front of the saw. Having the saw on the back of the bike is just not an option on the trails we ride. Some are so steep that you need to be standing and hovering over that back fender and if you hit on good bump the saw would kick you right over your bars.

:thinking: You guys must have some real A*# H%^* LEO's up there. I have been riding with a CHP officer on and off duty for 3 or more years now with both of my bikes. He commented on how well the lights work and a great set up. :focus:

YZ426005.jpg

IMG_1976crop.jpg

948089221_VjnbZ-L.jpg
That Husky mount looks like the blade is a little long for the travel and would hit the axle at the bottom of the fork if bottomed..:shocked:

Now just turn that thing so it is straight out front and connect the throttle to the bike and you do not have to stop or get off the bike...:smirk:

good idea but woulden the saw being on the forks mess up your balance:noidea:, and i wouldent need one anyways, coz if something is in the trail that i cant get over i make a new trail:prof:, or hit it and pray to god i dont wreck.

:lol: cda your crazy:crazy:

good idea but woulden the saw being on the forks mess up your balance:noidea:, and i wouldent need one anyways, coz if something is in the trail that i cant get over i make a new trail:prof:, or hit it and pray to god i dont wreck.

:lol: cda your crazy:crazy:

You just figured this out :noidea: :smirk: