Chain Lube

That chain wax Rack posted is great stuff. , They also make a clear one in a blue can.
I'll wash and dry the bikes off after with my air compressor and then wax the chain and silicon lube all the swivel joints (foot rest, shift leaver, kick start, hand controls. Twice a year the cables get a lube job.
UNI filter clean can get expensive. Gas is cheaper and you can use it three or four times before it becomes to dirty. I use a good pair of rubber gloves. So the filter goes in the gas and squeezed out until clean looking, then into a bucket of degreaser and water and squeezed out until clean, final rinse stage is another bucket of water only and squeeze it out good and let it dry for a day, oil and install. (if you only have one filter)
I have two or three filters per bike (oiled in a bag) so I don't have to wait for the one to dry and I am ready to go. Can also bring them on long weekend rides in case we find a silt bed of riding.

by far my fav product for my air filters is the no toil stuff.
no-toil-3-pack.png

as far as the oil and grease goes i guess its on par with everything else i have used but that powder air filter cleaner is a god send. seriously i was skeptic at first as all you do is pour some into a bucket of hot water and soak the filter. I was amazed how fast it cleaned the old dirty oil off. its like some anti grease miracle powder that makes the grease just go away or something. :lol:

np. what comes around goes around .... wait errr that dont sound right :P

seriously tho it was only a few years ago i was in the same spot as you and all these guys around here helped me out a shit ton on learning these things. so one day when you are a expert at all this pay it forward and help someone else out :thumb:

ps.. what palmer is saying is a great thing. i keep an extra filter clean and ready to oil up that way i dont have to sit around waiting for my currently cleaning filter to dry.

Last edited:

James

Staff member
by far my fav product for my air filters is the no toil stuff.
no-toil-3-pack.png

as far as the oil and grease goes i guess its on par with everything else i have used but that powder air filter cleaner is a god send. seriously i was skeptic at first as all you do is pour some into a bucket of hot water and soak the filter. I was amazed how fast it cleaned the old dirty oil off. its like some anti grease miracle powder that makes the grease just go away or something. :lol:
It's actually oxi-clean. :thumb:

I wash the chain good with a brush and simple green then after I am done cleaning off the entire bike I spray WD40 on the chain real good as it cleans it and gets all the water out as well. I then wipe off all the excess and give it a good lubing with chain lube and I use Honda Chain Lube. It goes on clear and thin and dries into a fine coating of lithium grease and it is reasonably priced. It does not leave the waxy build up like the wax does in my opinion. I also lube my chain every time I come back from a ride when I pull into camp as the chain is good and warm and it lets all the lube penetrate nicely. And while we are on topic, I never use gasoline to clean air filters as I believe it breaks down the rubber. Even though expensive, I use the UNI cleaner and oil as that combo works great. I have seen filters fall completely apart after a life of gasoline cleaning. :prof:

I wash the chain good with a brush and simple green then after I am done cleaning off the entire bike I spray WD40 on the chain real good as it cleans it and gets all the water out as well. I then wipe off all the excess and give it a good lubing with chain lube and I use Honda Chain Lube. It goes on clear and thin and dries into a fine coating of lithium grease and it is reasonably priced. It does not leave the waxy build up like the wax does in my opinion. I also lube my chain every time I come back from a ride when I pull into camp as the chain is good and warm and it lets all the lube penetrate nicely. And while we are on topic, I never use gasoline to clean air filters as I believe it breaks down the rubber. Even though expensive, I use the UNI cleaner and oil as that combo works great. I have seen filters fall completely apart after a life of gasoline cleaning. :prof:
A new filter per year or even two is only 50.00 bucks. Gas has little effect on Twin Air foam.