Chain Lube

1. What do you use ?
2. I am new but have already read what WD-40 stands for :coffee:. But is it good for getting the moisture out after washing the bikes off ?
3. How often......Night before a ride ? Just before ?
Thanks for your responses ! :spin:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389547444.151448.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389547467.968144.jpg

Wd-40 will remove the water after washing. Yesterday I washes 2 bikes and lines the chains with the above. Depending upon the next ride and how the chain looks and feels I may lube it again just be fore hitting the trail

Rack, were you saying to continue to WD the chain after washing to get the moisture out, then lube the chain with the product above a couple days later after the WD has dried up a little ? Or were you saying just to lube the chain after washing with the product above and discard the WD ?
Also, THANK FOR THE PICS, it helps me reference exactly what I should get !
Being new at this, I am taking what you all say as GOLD, so whatever you all say to use/get/do I am gonna !!

i was always told you should get the chain warm before lubing. so if you are at track do a lap or two then apply. little harder to do on the trail. i try to add it before i leave the truck.

I rarely use wd-40. After washing the bikes we run them up the street them come back and finish drying
And spot cleaning. After that the chain gets lubed and the bike is stowed away in the garage until the best ride.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389548540.352206.jpg

That pis is from yesterday after a good cleaning of the air box and filters.

:USA:

i was always told you should get the chain warm before lubing. so if you are at track do a lap or two then apply. little harder to do on the trail. i try to add it before i leave the truck.
Thanks.
Yeah for now until we get used to the bikes, (making turns with the foot down and getting All of the equipment to look the par :blush:) we are ONLY trail riding.

Thanks.
Yeah for now until we get used to the bikes, (making turns with the foot down and getting All of the equipment to look the par :blush:) we are ONLY trail riding.
like rack said when at home washing the bike take it up the street to get the chain warm before applying.

Thanks.

Exactly how we started. Just remember to challenge yourself each outing. Make it fun for the kids. When my boys would crash I would always ask them "can you breath?". Now that's what the ask me each time they pick me up off of the ground. :lol:

I rarely use wd-40. After washing the bikes we run them up the street them come back and finish drying
And spot cleaning. After that the chain gets lubed and the bike is stowed away in the garage until the best ride.

View attachment 19555

That pis is from yesterday after a good cleaning of the air box and filters.

:USA:
I take it I should clean a lube the filters after every ride as I am washing the bikes ?
I have read to clean the filters with either gas or a "product of your preference". What should I clean with and lube them with ?
Sorry for all of the questions, I am sure you all have repeated yourselves numerous times, :redface:.

Exactly how we started. Just remember to challenge yourself each outing. Make it fun for the kids. When my boys would crash I would always ask them "can you breath?". Now that's what the ask me each time they pick me up off of the ground. :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: Classic !

I take it I should clean a lube the filters after every ride as I am washing the bikes ?
I have read to clean the filters with either gas or a "product of your preference". What should I clean with and lube them with ?
Sorry for all of the questions, I am sure you all have repeated yourselves numerous times, :redface:.

Cleaning the filter each ride depends on the conditions you are riding in. For example if it's super dusty and your filter is coated, yep gonna need to clean and oil it. After a few outings you will get it figured out.

I have not used gas. I use this product for cleaning and oil. I only have a picture of the oil.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389549451.568309.jpg

Same brand for the cleaner.

I have recently used some degreaser mixed with water as I was out of the cleaner. Worked pretty good.

Cleaning the filter each ride depends on the conditions you are riding in. For example if it's super dusty and your filter is coated, yep gonna need to clean and oil it. After a few outings you will get it figured out.

I have not used gas. I use this product for cleaning and oil. I only have a picture of the oil.

View attachment 19556

Same brand for the cleaner.

I have recently used some degreaser mixed with water as I was out of the cleaner. Worked pretty good.
Thanks !
Being that it is in the 70's here in AZ and it was super dusty (always is) yesterday, I am going to clean and recharge the filters every outing.
BTW, Thanks for the pic, Saved to the phone every time !

I DO NOT put chain lube on the chains when they are just sitting in the garage.

This is what I use.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389552160.061499.jpg

I spray the cleaner on to clean the chain. Use the lube when stored in the garage and then spray with chain lube right before riding.