Chain kinking issues. Help!

About 2 months ago, my bike got a face lift and with that was a new chain and sprockets. The chain I bought was a not an o-ring chain. Bought it by mistake but want to go with it. Since I have had it, it has been developing kinks and can't figure out why no matter how hard I try to keep it clean.:foul: Lube it before every ride and wash it when I get home with Simple green which has always worked for me. So the question is, how do I get rid of these damn kinks for good? What have you guys done in the past for this?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Once it kinks, I replace.
Never had that issue in 2 months... and I run $17 chinese/taiwanese non oring chains. They last well over the life of my sprockets.
Soak it in fuel overnight and see if that frees it up at all. Good luck. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Once it kinks, I replace.
Never had that issue in 2 months... and I run $17 chinese/taiwanese non oring chains. They last well over the life of my sprockets.
Soak it in fuel overnight and see if that frees it up at all. Good luck. -BIG DAN:thumb:
Thanks Dan.:thumb: I have freed it several times, but keeps happening. Any idea why?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Any idea why?
It must be junk in there or the links are too tight somehow. Mine are usually pretty old when they start kinking. I think we share the same dirt, so I doubt it's terrain related. What kind of cleaner and lube are you using?-BIG DAN:thumb: