Can Am Spyders

Can Am Spyder opinions

• What you talkin about willis? Whats a Can Am Spyder?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

James

Staff member
My .02 cents...

I do believe that they serve a purpose in this world and that's for the people that aren't hardcore riders (like most of you/us). I actually think that they're a good thing, hopefully after somebody hops on one of these they'll fall in love and want to try a "real" bike/motorcycle. :noidea: I'd call that a win for us.

Prove it! They say so on the commercial, but that is aimed at every state. It is not considered a motorcycle in this state (CA). If it's true than this state is worse off than we all thought. :prof:

And they still SUCK!
its true you can. At least thats what i was told by the guys at the motorcycle safety class. You can also take it on a moped or scooter.

also the really retarded thing is that you do not need a M1 endorcment to ride one in California yet you can take the test and get a M1 endorsement :picard:

Edit: some of the post i been reading are saying that they dont allow them in California but MANY other posts from other states say they were allowed to use em for their M1 test. Some even say they only had t do 2 out of the 8 tests because the tests are not set up for these things.

I honestly don't like them, or never have. They are probably as expensive as a car too, therefore just buy a cheap convertable. My mom absolutly hates them because she thinks it make motorcyclists look like weenies and my dad thinks they are the best invention know to man involving motorcycles :picard: I did pull alot of facts out of this to use to fight my opinon, so thanks!

i have to admit tho... the first time i seen one some tool was doing about 65 in the fast lane. When i came up on him for going slow he swurved into a lane gassed it swurved around a car and was hauling ass. For what it is i was impressed on how it looked like it handled.

still i would much rather have a real trike with a VW engine in the back over this.

The cheapest one is $16,499, so yes they cost as much as a car. That's the stripped down version. The top of the line is over $28k. :eek:

That is the price of two brand new KIA's with 100 thou mile warranty! Shit, you don't need a helmet to drive a KIA.

That is the price of two brand new KIA's with 100 thou mile warranty! Shit, you don't need a helmet to drive a KIA.

KIAs are go carts :lol: At least our sportage is. But seriously! You could buy a brand new Harley Davidson with claped out everything if you wanted to instead.

James

Staff member
The cheapest one is $16,499, so yes they cost as much as a car. That's the stripped down version. The top of the line is over $28k. :eek:
:eek: Holy shat I could buy a bunch of kx250f's with that.

BTW is this thread about trikes in general or just that model?

SRAD97750

Staff member
I think he's mostly referring to trikes with two wheels up front and a single drive wheel. Being that it is much more stable than the single front, dual drive. -BIG DAN

CDA... You have always been a cool guy..(intill just now).. I have something in my pocket for you .. Oh here it is
flipthebird.gif
yeah u like that? its real nice, got it at walmart lol:lol:

I like them. I think they look cool and IMO look better than that MP3 thing you put up SRAD. Otherwise I don't care. I do think they'd probably be safer than a regular motorcycle because they stand out a lot more and there is more mass and stuff in front of you in the event of a hit.

They will be popular if 65 year old fat white guys can envision transitioning from their GoldWings into the Spyder with a corresponding perceived increase in libido. Plus, they have to be able to tow those retarded little trailers at 5 mph below the speed limit on tight, two lane roads. :bored: