Camp Fire Stories

My Brother went riding this weekend with some work buddies, and a friend of one, that was a retired 67 year old man. He was telling of a buddy named Paul Whitfield (I can't remember the exact name, but we'll go with that), that back in the 70's, he and his girlfriend would go way up the 395, and camp, and fish. One time camping, they had heard noises coming from the other side of the hill. So, they climbed to the top of the ridge, and there at the bottom of the other side, was a space ship, complete with flashing lights, steam coming out from underneath, and aliens all around it. They were actually hearding cattle onto the ship. Not believing their eyes, they just sat and watched for a while, trying to comprehend what they were seeing. Then, out of nowhere, some sort of creature materialized right in front of them, and waved some sort of stick in front of their faces. Well, next thing they know, he woke the next morning, shivering cold, up on the ridge where they were the night before. Paul, not sure if he dreamed all that he saw, woke his girlfriend up, and asked, "Did you see what I saw?" She freaked out ctying, and confirmed everything that he saw too. I guess they didn't go right back and blab the story, thinking everyone would think they were on acid, but slowly, eventually, Paul had told this guy that my Bro had rode with.

Fast foward to a few years ago, this older gentleman, was looking for a bike, and found one on Craigslist. Well, it turned out the guy lived just a block away from him. I guess the guy had 2 dirt bikes, and never rode one, so he was getting rid of it. The night he went to look at it, the 2 hit it off very well, and BS'd for a cou[ple hours. The sellers wife came out with some beers, and told her husband to tell the story of what happened to them, camping off the 395, back in the 70's. As you probably already guessed, they saw the same thing, complete with the creature and the stick.

The old guy freaked, and told them, it happened to his friend also, way back then. After all the goose bumps went down, and they were closing the deal on the bike, when he got the pink slip of his new scooter, the owner he had been talking to was also named, PAUL WHITFIELD. :eek:

Story Update: Reportedly, Paul Whitfield has not been able to hold a turd the size of a Blueberry in since the early 70's - it is not known if there is any relation to his harrowing experience with extraterrestrials.........

haha thats a great story about the cow rez lol wow i remember riding in jawbone when i was little and we were going in a canyon (me and my pops) and this cow just started running after me and i was zig zagging out of bushes trying to stay as far away from it as possible i was like 10 and had a bombardier 90 quad lol

well i have plenty of stories but i only have 2 in mind right now 1st one was when my dad, his brother (my uncle), my dads 2 best friends dennis and scott and his kids sam and jacob who are a couple years younger than me i was about 9 or so anyway it was in lake havasu city arizona we were coming down a hill where the road winds around and noticed a truck with a groupe of guys pulled over and seen blood on the ground everywhere and thought wth? my dad pulls over the guy who is injured opens up the door a little more as my dad shouts " everything ok budd?" the dude turns around and his left forearm is completely blown off from his brother shooting him on accident!! and the best part he was all calm like nothing happened and just said "yeah bro just blew my arm off getting ready to go to the hospital"

next one just shows that some guys r pussies: this was in red rock we were camped off from the main road where one is perependicular to it off to the right side it was a whole group my dad his bro their best friend my aunt her husband son, tyler (my step cousin who was 16 at the time) i was 15, my older cousin and her boyfriend who supplied the weed and jager :wink: lol anyway my dads best friend who i call uncle anyway brian, has a WR450F tyler wanted to go ride after i got back from a 80 mile loop so lazily i said "ok you hop on the rm250" i told him to feather the clutch out while giving it gas and dont throttle it otherwise he will slide out dirt was dry and really hard) well i got the 450 started waited for him to go and as he didnt listen to me he grabbed the clutch throttled it (thank god he was leaning forward) and the rear end just slid out creating a big ass dust cloud and slamming him on the ground. well i said "come on get back on ill help u with the clutch" he says " nahh im tired im gonna go lay down" just proves some guys r lame

:shocked: That first one was graphic, but good. I like the abrupt way you hit us with the carnage.

Jess dear, I'm sorry to be that guy, but please be circumspect in regards to mentioning party-performance enhancing substances. Not trying to be a hypocrite, it's just that some people have... ahh, delicate sensibilities, and might not be used to our cavalier California attitudes. As a young lady, I'm sure you're regularly inundated with unsolicited advice from old farts, so I'm sorry to add to the pile. :P

Good stories, everyone. Keep em coming. I'm trying to figure out how to edit some of mine to make them suitable for a family audience. :thinking:

:shocked: That first one was graphic, but good. I like the abrupt way you hit us with the carnage.

Jess dear, I'm sorry to be that guy, but please be circumspect in regards to mentioning party-performance enhancing substances. Not trying to be a hypocrite, it's just that some people have... ahh, delicate sensibilities, and might not be used to our cavalier California attitudes. As a young lady, I'm sure you're regularly inundated with unsolicited advice from old farts, so I'm sorry to add to the pile. :P

Good stories, everyone. Keep em coming. I'm trying to figure out how to edit some of mine to make them suitable for a family audience. :thinking:

:lol:

Uh Oh :shocked:I can think of a few people in trouble now:pout:

Don't worry...James will keep you in line! :devil:

:smirk: Gawd, I sound like the kind of square that I love to twit on the tubes- please disregard that pap I posted.

A buddy of mine forgot one boot on a recent ride, so he ended up riding the entire Rock Creek loop of about 40 miles wearing a flip flop on one foot! Crappy story, but the thought of it still makes me laugh.

I am so offended that I can hardly write this.:rant:What is this world coming to?:blah: Should I even keep posting to this site?:rolleyes:

Just kidding of course.:smirk::P

well i have plenty of stories but i only have 2 in mind right now 1st one was when my dad, his brother (my uncle), my dads 2 best friends dennis and scott and his kids sam and jacob who are a couple years younger than me i was about 9 or so anyway it was in lake havasu city arizona we were coming down a hill where the road winds around and noticed a truck with a groupe of guys pulled over and seen blood on the ground everywhere and thought wth? my dad pulls over the guy who is injured opens up the door a little more as my dad shouts " everything ok budd?" the dude turns around and his left forearm is completely blown off from his brother shooting him on accident!! and the best part he was all calm like nothing happened and just said "yeah bro just blew my arm off getting ready to go to the hospital"

next one just shows that some guys r pussies: this was in red rock we were camped off from the main road where one is perependicular to it off to the right side it was a whole group my dad his bro their best friend my aunt her husband son, tyler (my step cousin who was 16 at the time) i was 15, my older cousin and her boyfriend who supplied the weed and jager :wink: lol anyway my dads best friend who i call uncle anyway brian, has a WR450F tyler wanted to go ride after i got back from a 80 mile loop so lazily i said "ok you hop on the rm250" i told him to feather the clutch out while giving it gas and dont throttle it otherwise he will slide out dirt was dry and really hard) well i got the 450 started waited for him to go and as he didnt listen to me he grabbed the clutch throttled it (thank god he was leaning forward) and the rear end just slid out creating a big ass dust cloud and slamming him on the ground. well i said "come on get back on ill help u with the clutch" he says " nahh im tired im gonna go lay down" just proves some guys r lame

Sounds like his brain was taxed...Can't imagine the stress he was under to make sure he did what you instructed. It's no wonder he was tired...what does this have anything to do with who supllied the weed and Jager??? :smirk:

Sounds like his brain was taxed...Can't imagine the stress he was under to make sure he did what you instructed. It's no wonder he was tired...what does this have anything to do with who supllied the weed and Jager??? :smirk:
nothing to the weed and jager and we didnt even smoke that was after when we made a late trip to the jawbone canyon store lol he is just a pussy his dad used to tell me and him to fight and shit when we were little and i kicked his ass everytime just one guy that isnt a man it was really funny tho when he failed lol

its all good i shouldnt have put that part in there my bad and i like talking to "old farts". and that was a couple years ago i have been clean though since then :)