Camp Fire Stories

This is all I have to say. :smirk:

superbelter_682_450560a.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/weird/article1817406.ece

I for one welcome our new creepy knome overloards.

Looks like a cross between a Nome and Sasquatch.............:shocked:

OK, here's another one but one I'm partially not really proud of.....but for the most part it was a good trip.

One weekend (back in the eeeeearly 80's) my buddy and I went with his dad and a couple of his bud's to Jawbone...after riding Sat we ate and sat down around the fire...we'd been drinking quite heavily (to kill ya) when we (my buddy and I) were discussing putting to kill ya in our cross-bar water jugs (remember those?)...it sounded great to a couple of drunk tards...the dads looked at each other, laughed, shrugged their shoulders and pretty much said, "bad idea" and continued on with their conversation. I went ahead and filled mine up that night because I knew for a fact that I'd really enjoy that drink when we stopped.........the next morning we got up, some of us (them) ate breakfast, the rest of us (us 2) weren't feeling too good, hangin a tad but able to ride! I checked my water bottle to make sure it was full (of water) forgetting I had put to kill ya in it...I poured it back into the bottle, washed it out as good as I could and filled it with water....Off we went...when it was time for a drink I opened the bottle and got a hard hit of tequila fumes of which "almost" made me puke...everyone else thought that was the funniest thing they've ever seen! Still comes up in our campfire stories...

Good Story Rez!!! That reminds me of a few stories about drinking and Riding...:thinking: But to keep with filling a water jug with something other than water, I will share this one:

I was at Glen Helen for a GP that I could not run, because I just Dislocated the shoulder the week before at the Last BtoV race ever held (there is a story which involves drinking). So at Glen Helen you have access to getting out on the track, but you cannot bring alcohol out there. So being the young drunk I was, I took a camlebak and made me a nice B & C (using 151 of course) inside the camelbak and proceeded to wear that all day. I must have filled that thing up a few times during the day and night, because the next morning there were 2 empty bottles of 151 on the counter of the motorhome...

Good Story Rez!!! That reminds me of a few stories about drinking and Riding...:thinking: But to keep with filling a water jug with something other than water, I will share this one:

I was at Glen Helen for a GP that I could not run, because I just Dislocated the shoulder the week before at the Last BtoV race ever held (there is a story which involves drinking). So at Glen Helen you have access to getting out on the track, but you cannot bring alcohol out there. So being the young drunk I was, I took a camlebak and made me a nice B & C (using 151 of course) inside the camelbak and proceeded to wear that all day. I must have filled that thing up a few times during the day and night, because the next morning there were 2 empty bottles of 151 on the counter of the motorhome...

2 bottles of High Octane .............. :shocked:

Here's a good one but more of a "ya had to be there" story but I'll try and make it interesting.

This was a weekend up in the Big Bear area when it was still open to dirt bikes (early 80's). We were camping in the Crab Flats area at the time. This was considered a "guy ride" due to the ONE hill that you had to go down then climb back up to go back...it was pretty rough due to the ruts and incline.

The ride was a long, hot one, our destination was Deep Creek. It was a great ride and once we got there we parked our bikes off the trail/road...and "de-geared" (helmets, shirts) to help cool off then proceded to go to the creek to dunk our heads. We kind of spliut up a little...Once we got to the edge we noticed this white car parking on the other side of the creek. The road on the other side was asphalt just up above the creek leading to a short dirt portion that came to the creek. Lots of people would come down from Arrowhead and Cedar Glen to fish, sunbathe, get wet, etc...This couple gets out of an Excaliber...an old looking car with modern mechanical features (new motor, electronics, etc....loooong fenders, soft top, rumble seat...I think). Anyways, they get out of the car, the guy goes to the trunk and takes out a smallish styrofoam cooler, he walks up to his "date"??? who if you can picture a tall barbie doll looking trophy, long blonde hair, lonnnnng legs...etc. both were wearing black pants and white shirts...he was wearing cowboy boots and she had on "CFM's" (very tall high heels)...they get to the edge of the creek and see us on the other side...he asks if there's a beach up the creek, we said yea and it's empty. This beach was a little sand area big enough for a few people to sit and relax, hidden by bushes and big boulders. He said great, would you guys help my girl cross the water? Sure, we waded out a little grabbed her hands and arms and lifted her up and over...Where we were there were a couple boulders that stuck up out of the water strategicly placed for people to step on to get across IF you weren't wearing CFMs or carrying an ice chest which brings me to the best part...we come back to where he is and offer to carry his cooler for him, he says no thanks, I got it and procedes to "jump" onto the first rock...MISSED IT"...actually he hit it on the side and with leather soles on his boots they slipped off, he splashed into the water, lost his balance, slammed the cooler onto another rock in front of him, it blew up, bottles came flying out, cooler parts floated down stream, (that sucked...enviro-wise) etc...it was great...I mean a sad thing! We grab the bottles while he gets up, shakes himself off and procedes to get onto the rocks and try again this time without a cooler making it a little easier, wet boots!!! ....he gets across, they try and gather their composure in the mean time I and one other guy go to the water get on our knees to dunk our heads...the girl walks up to us...NOW, you have to undersatand she is no rocket scientist, seriously! While reading this next part try and use your best "dumb blonde bombshell voice"...my buddy not one at a loss of words (unlike me) burries his head in the water, comes back up wipes his face back with his hands when she asks, "So what are guys doing"? he looks at her without missing a beat and says "we're fishin" and dunks his head back in...keeps it in, shaking it around...in the mean time she looks at me and says in the most honest voice..." really, is he serious? what kind of fish are you trying to catch"? I told her big ones, really big ones...she had this look on her face that I can't even explain on here.....it was PRICELESS!!!! That made the hill climb back all worth while!!!

:lol: That is funny, but while reading the story of sandy beach area, secluded by bushes and rocks, my mind was taking this story somewhere else...:smirk:

:lol: That is funny, but while reading the story of sandy beach area, secluded by bushes and rocks, my mind was taking this story somewhere else...:smirk:

yep mine too, did you ever tell her the truth? did she ever catch on ? was she really that stupid?

and can you make up the rest of the story to end a little more ............:smirk: j/k:naughty:

yep mine too, did you ever tell her the truth? did she ever catch on ? was she really that stupid?

and can you make up the rest of the story to end a little more ............:smirk: j/k:naughty:

Beach.........leaving that as is........:devil:......but not that!...:naughty:

The truth....NO, I still don't think she'd get it and YES, she was that dumb....picture a tall gorgeous woman doing the "hollywood walk" (short little steps...etc) THAT was her!

As for expanding the "end of the story".....NAW, that's it...but I'm sure as time goes I'll think of other storys...this OLD mind has a deep dark gray area...takes time for it to surface! :smirk:

I have a campfire story about a certain DBA member, let's call him the weatherman to keep him anonymous. Anyways, this weatherman dude likes to shoot off firecrackers (the legal kind of course, no blockbusters, m80's, roman candles, black cats etc.). His modus operendi is to throw a handful of them into the bonfire at night where everyone is hanging, drinking beer, telling stories. He tries to do this when no one is looking. The result is flying embers everywhere. This resuts in a lot of carnage, my favorite chair has been damaged almost beyond repair with burn holes. Yes, MY CHAIR!!
So, you have been warned. If you camp with this person, do not bring your favorite chair, bring a ratty old one that you don't mind throwing in the trash when the weekend is over.

How the hell did I miss this story?:devil: Who could this possibly be?:wave:

So I told this story in another thread and thought I would add it to the Camp Fire Artifacts.

This is the story of how I broke my ankle. This was a great day up until this point.
Let's begin with a picture of the area, shall we;

Rut.jpg
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/ridehardyz450f/BC/Rut.jpg

If you look at the center trail, you will see a rut. That runs all the way up the hill and is deep enough to swallow the bike past the pegs. Well I got about 3/4 of the way up this hill and needed to come down. The problem is I got on the wrong side of the rut when heading down and I normally am on the gas going down, I had nowhere to go, but into the rut and crash hard and get an airlift or pin it more, loft the front up and hang on. I figured I was going to die anyways, so I pinned it harder. I hit the rut and it threw me into the bushes between the center trail and the one to the right. I was wide open at this point in 3rd gear and I hit a stump or something with my left foot that threw me completely out of control. I somehow pulled it off and when I rolled up to my group, I felt the pain go shooting right up my leg and new something was wrong. The look on my friend's face told me the pain I must of been displaying on my face. Needless to say, we were about 8 miles from the truck I was the only one that knew how to get back, so I rode her out.

Here is another picture of the guys loading up my truck for me while of course I stood there taking pictures.
Picture105.jpg
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/ridehardyz450f/BC/Picture105.jpg

My truck was a 5 speed manual and my son was 14 at the time so no DL. I was driving through the canyon back home (San Fransquito) and was going to have him drive me home, but he fell asleep on me. Do you know how cool it is to shift gears constantly in a truck with a broken Tib and Fib and you feel the bones banging into each other?

Here is the new hardware that I am carrying around with me now.

Ankle.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed. :ride: