Buying new bike before next ride.

Got 3k to spend. Like to keep it at 2k. So far i found a 2002 crf450r for $2000, a 08 rmz 450 for $3000. And a bunch more but these two stuck out. I wanna 06-07 crf450r but not having alot of luck. The 02 has extra parts two sets of plastics etc. 08 is bone stock.

Riding consist of weekend trips track, trips to the mountain for trail riding and some open it up riding, pretty much i am an all around rider.
6 foot 230 lbs. Been riding since i was three.

Ps Im a suzuki rider hands down. But Im really really starting to like these crfs. And anything will be an upgrade to my current bikes.

94 husky wxe 250 and 04 husky te 250.

That's my issue. Is the age of the Honda compared to the suzuki. Can i get a good bike out of the 02? Is the efi really worth it? Is it worth a grand more than i could spend on the crf?

Edit: whoops wrong thread.
Its between a 2002 crf450r for 2k or an 08 rmz 450 for 3k

That's my issue. Is the age of the Honda compared to the suzuki. Can i get a good bike out of the 02? Is the efi really worth it? Is it worth a grand more than i could spend on the crf?
02 is far back there. I don't care one way or the other for FI, but the Honda being an 02 at the beggining of the 4 stroke era a lot of kinks aren't worked out. I'd just go Suzuki unless your ready to race bomber and order through moose from now on haha

Yeah its on my mind. Its older. Suzuki is newer. Fi is totally new to me on dirtbikes though too. Ugh decisions suck. Btw thanks for pyamatuning i found a new track Haha

id go with the rm if you got the money.. in my opinion, the newer the 4 strokes are the more experienced the companies are at building em :wink: but the troof izz 'the rider is the important part...' :blah::blah:<br>
both bikes are good bikes. 'this bike cause it has 1 more horsepower STOCK. This bike has better suspension STOCK. this bike has a built in 6 disc changer and 2 12s under the seat STOCK.' a good rider/wrencher can take any 'current' bike (although there are some lemons out there) and make it a flawless machine :thumb:

My point Haha i could make a good bike outta the crf in time but is it worth it. Im a suzuki rider and after reading up so much on the crf i kinda like what i hear that's one thing that making it hard

My point Haha i could make a good bike outta the crf in time but is it worth it. Im a suzuki rider and after reading up so much on the crf i kinda like what i hear that's one thing that making it hard
my brother had an 03 crf and it was a really nice bike.. its not like its a dated, vintage Elsinore hahaha :lol:
<br> theres something about those rms though..... :cool:<br>
either way, your probably ride exactly the same... but one IS quite a bit newer... I personally haven't heard anything bad about either bike :thumb: <br><br>
does one have a kickstand? that would be the selling point for me. a murdered out jet krutch (thats what we call kick stands in our badass gang)- cheeeeayaaa!!!<br><br><br>
(that last part is a joke)

James

Staff member
I was going to suggest a 250f but a guy your size might enjoy the 450f better.

Mike aka Mihlyo is the rm guy however he'll probably try to get you on a 2 stroke. :lol:

The 02 has extra parts two sets of plastics etc. 08 is bone stock.
I'd rather have a newer bike that's bone stock than an older one with extra parts. Chances are with it being older you'll be using those parts pretty quickly.

Got 3k to spend. Like to keep it at 2k. So far i found a 2002 crf450r for $2000, a 08 rmz 450 for $3000. And a bunch more but these two stuck out. I wanna 06-07 crf450r but not having alot of luck. The 02 has extra parts two sets of plastics etc. 08 is bone stock.

Riding consist of weekend trips track, trips to the mountain for trail riding and some open it up riding, pretty much i am an all around rider.
6 foot 230 lbs. Been riding since i was three.
Ps Im a suzuki rider hands down. But Im really really starting to like these crfs. And anything will be an upgrade to my current bikes.

94 husky wxe 250 and 04 husky te 250.

Not liking jap 2 strokes? If you want something that's fun, and easy to wrench on I recommend a 2t 250. Unless you plan on getting into racing in which case it's rather difficult to be competitive on a 2t these days

Also i used to race. Im looking to get back into it slowly as life allows. Im not new to riding. I want the power of the 450 because of my size anyways.

my brother had an 03 crf and it was a really nice bike.. its not like its a dated, vintage Elsinore hahaha :lol:
<br> theres something about those rms though..... :cool:<br>
either way, your probably ride exactly the same... but one IS quite a bit newer... I personally haven't heard anything bad about either bike :thumb: <br><br>
does one have a kickstand? that would be the selling point for me. a murdered out jet krutch (thats what we call kick stands in our badass gang)- cheeeeayaaa!!!<br><br><br>
(that last part is a joke)

None have kickstands but the one i buy will have a kickstand Haha