Buying advice.

Your way wrong about the 250 being too much for trials rm250 is what I own and ride on the trails. I would rather have a 250 over a 125 alllllllll day long!!! You can lug a 250 easy and a lot more low end torc for the hills. Just saying. Don't count a good deal on a 250. You'll be over looking the best trail bike out there :prof:
opinion...rm125 has a motor you can lug around all day too...either way you cant lose

Sorry..I have been just a little excited riding and tinkering. My son rode with me for 384 miles round trip to go pick it up today or yesterday. Good daddy/son time.

Here's the skinny on my acquisitions:
2007 Suzuki DRZ125
Seller wanted $900. Gave $700.
Eveything looks ok with it. Rear fender cracked. It needs tires and tubes. It had a slight hesitation. Filled it up with 93 octane with an oz. of Seafoam and Berrymans each in a two gallon container. Hesitation has quickly improved, almost gone. ALTHOUGH, I still have a sputter at high rpm.. Something is robbing power. I'm replacing the air filter. Probably going to wait for the current tank of gas to empty and see what it feels like on the second tank of gas. I see a carb cleaning coming. The tires and tubes shouldn't be that bad....right?

TODAY!!
2004 Suzuki RM125
Seller wanted $1500. Gave $1250.
Good looking bike. Top to bottom rebuild last summer. FMF exhaust. Clean. New front tire. Helmet. Hadn't been started in three weeks. Started on second kick. Gas was pouring out of the overflow. Said he had never seen it do it before but it stopped after we ran it. Hasn't done it since. Needs back tire and tube. Has a broken tooth on the front sprocket. Chain has a lot of slack. IT RIPS THOUGH! I will swap the tube, tire, chain and sprocket all in one swoop. I should be able to change all those items with a fair amount of ease??? Plus an air filter.

I would like to thank all the input that everyone in the thread has provided!
sounds like the floats were sticking ...had that happen a couple times. just tap the floatbowl if it sticks and doesnt quit. get some new sprockets and chain...bike has a fantastic motor