250 Broke my SHAFT KICK

Although I do agree the short bolt was the cause of the failure there had to be some other circumstance to cause that shaft to break. I wonder if the previous owner seized the bike and did some funny stuff to try and break the motor loose. Usually the gears fail before that shaft breaks. Glad you got it fixed
I think the bolt was the problem. And now I have another problem, the kick starter gets stuck when I torque the 3 screws around the kick shaft. They r kind of loose now. Doesnt leak so its ok I guess.

What about the clutch hub?? the spacer behind the clutch hub only fits one way. does it spin freely with the case off? The kickstarter engages the clutch hub so it could be the hub bound up not the kickstart lever.
All that is free and clear. I think the new kick shaft needs to be broken in. Kicked few times and hopeflly it will be ok...

I think the bolt was the problem. And now I have another problem, the kick starter gets stuck when I torque the 3 screws around the kick shaft. They r kind of loose now. Doesnt leak so its ok I guess.

see my post above. I wouldn't run it with those bolts loose. If you lose one it will drain the oil from the motor. There is a reason why it is binding.

see my post above. I wouldn't run it with those bolts loose. If you lose one it will drain the oil from the motor. There is a reason why it is binding.
It kicks fine with the case off. The bolts are not super loose. They r still on there, just not torqued like they should be.

All that is free and clear. I think the new kick shaft needs to be broken in. Kicked few times and hopeflly it will be ok...

We had the same issue with a KTM 2 stroke. Everything spun freely until we put the case on. The once we tightened the kickstart bolts it locked up. We took it apart several times and couldn't figure it out. Then we found the spacer behind the clutch up can only go on one way. and you can't just run the clutch hub on with an impact it has to be torqued. once we did all that we put the cover on and it was all good.

We were replacing the kickstart gear not the shaft but we had the same problems. Kick start shafts and internal bottom end parts don't "break in" if it is binding it is going to "wear out" whatever it is binding on and then you will have another problem to fix.

We had. he same issue with a KTM 2 stroke. Everything spun freely until we put the case on. The once we tightened the kickstart bolts it locked up. We took it apart several times and couldn't figure it out. Then we found the spacer behind the clutch up can only go on one way. and you can't just run the clutch hub on with an impact it has to be torqued. once we did all that we put the cover on and it was all good.

We were replacing the kickstart gear not the shaft but we had the same problems. Kick start shafts and internal bottom end parts don't "break in" if it is binding it is going to "wear out" whatever it is binding on and then you will have another problem to fix.
Hmm interesting. But I didnt remove any clutch parts , just the cover and pulled the kickstarter shit off. I am hoping it "wears out" a bit :)

Hmm interesting. But I didnt remove any clutch parts , just the cover and pulled the kickstarter shit off. I am hoping it "wears out" a bit :)

The KTM you have to remove the clutch hub to remove the kickstart gear and shaft. So I assumed it was that way on the Kawasaki.

Did you see the video ?

Take a step back and go look back at your pictures. Then look at the fiche you posted. These guys on here have put many of bottom ends together and they are just trying to help. Everything in the bottom end is suppose to spin freely with ALL the bolts Torqued to the proper settings. You HAVE A PROBLEM, and running it as is is only going to shorten one of your ride days.

I can see a problem with the pictures you posted.

Look below at the fiche you posted. see part number 92022A see where it goes in relation to the gear?
KXfiche.jpg

Now look here at the picture you posted of the gear on the shaft. You have the spacer Part number 92022A on the wrong side of the gear. I would be willing to bet that is your problem. That spacer is holding the gear out to far and it is rubbing the case once you torque the bolts down.

20130522_201249.jpg

Take a step back and go look back at your pictures. Then look at the fiche you posted. These guys on here have put many of bottom ends together and they are just trying to help. Everything in the bottom end is suppose to spin freely with ALL the bolts Torqued to the proper settings. You HAVE A PROBLEM, and running it as is is only going to shorten one of your ride days.

I can see a problem with the pictures you posted.

Look below at the fiche you posted. see part number 92022A see where it goes in relation to the gear?
View attachment 16026

Now look here at the picture you posted of the gear on the shaft. You have the spacer Part number 92022A on the wrong side of the gear. I would be willing to bet that is your problem. That spacer is holding the gear out to far and it is rubbing the case once you torque the bolts down.

View attachment 16027

I see what you are talking about, and that just might be my problem. I will open the case again and see wtf is going on. But I think that washer was like that when I was taking it off, before the gear, thats why I took the photo so I know how it goes back. But I will try putting the gear on first and then washer. Like t he diagram shows.