Braking help please!

Sounds like you're a Disney Engineer. :shocked:

First, teflon tape is for sealing tapered pipe threads. On a bleeder valve, the sealing comes from the beveled edge of the screw. To me, it sounds like you just wasted your caliper by drilling, and tapping. So now, to bleed your brakes, you have to pull the homemade screw all the way out? Good luck with all you've done, and also remind me never to buy a bike from you. :P

Edit: Also, not to be a negative Nancy, I'll shit if it does work. Please keep us informed. :noidea:

Hey, he is 13!! Give him a break at least he is trying to fix it and not expecting his parents to handle it :prof:

James

Staff member
Hey, he is 13!! Give him a break at least he is trying to fix it and not expecting his parents to handle it :prof:
:thumb: Very true. Instead of just sitting around and bitching about it, he's actually trying to fix it. :thumb:

Ok lets all gang up on Tim now. :lol: :smirk:

haha... i would bleed at the line first....if your not getting any fluids there... then no need to mess with that jacked up conversion you did....once you get it close you can then bleed the yamadawgs big bore caliper conversion bolt:banana:

:lol: sorry, my mom was doing taxes on the lap top. Anyhow, my dad reccomended it. My bike was never made with a bleeder valve on the rear brake. :shocked: Just the front brake. I got on rockey moutian, mc superstore, and motorsports. I can't find just the casing. I'm stuck buying the whole unit. It's 109$ though, I assume thats not as bad as I thought. At least I have the fluid running through the hose from the resivor. I'm gonna have to order that whole rear caliper.

Tim- Don't worry about it. It needed replaced anyhow, not like it's any lost.

What year and size bike do you have? Also, front or rear? There's amazing deals on ebay, before you spend all your hard earned cash on new.

:lol: sorry, my mom was doing taxes on the lap top. Anyhow, my dad reccomended it. My bike was never made with a bleeder valve on the rear brake. :shocked: Just the front brake. I got on rockey moutian, mc superstore, and motorsports. I can't find just the casing. I'm stuck buying the whole unit. It's 109$ though, I assume thats not as bad as I thought. At least I have the fluid running through the hose from the resivor. I'm gonna have to order that whole rear caliper.

Tim- Don't worry about it. It needed replaced anyhow, not like it's any lost.

Number 7 is your bleeder valve.
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/YAMAHA/2009/YZ250F%20(Deep%20Purplish%20Blue%20Solid%20E)/?modelyearid=2296&typeid=1&groupId=95177

Just to be sure, you do know how to bleed brakes? Make sure your master cylinder is topped off, pump your brake pedal 5 times or so. Hold the pedal down, and while it's down, crack the bleeder valve. DO NOT release the brake pedal until you close the bleeder valve. You'll have to repeat this many times until there's no air escaping from the bleeder valve. Be sure to constantly refill the master cylinder, since if the level gets too low you'll be back to square one. Also a little helpful tip, is to take a piece of clear hose to slip over the bleeder valve, that way it won't make too much of a mess, and it also makes it easier to see when all the fluid coming out the valve, has no more air in it. Good luck. :thumb:

Number 7 is your bleeder valve.
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/YAMAHA/2009/YZ250F%20(Deep%20Purplish%20Blue%20Solid%20E)/?modelyearid=2296&typeid=1&groupId=95177

Just to be sure, you do know how to bleed brakes? Make sure your master cylinder is topped off, pump your brake pedal 5 times or so. Hold the pedal down, and while it's down, crack the bleeder valve. DO NOT release the brake pedal until you close the bleeder valve. You'll have to repeat this many times until there's no air escaping from the bleeder valve. Be sure to constantly refill the master cylinder, since if the level gets too low you'll be back to square one. Also a little helpful tip, is to take a piece of clear hose to slip over the bleeder valve, that way it won't make too much of a mess, and it also makes it easier to see when all the fluid coming out the valve, has no more air in it. Good luck. :thumb:
I do, instead in that very spot I had like a metal brad type thing. It certainly didn't brake off because the brad thingy was totally rounded off.