All Bradshaw Trail near Salton Sea: Nov 5-7 2010

One of these days I'll make one of these rides. I'm going to be in Kernville on Friday night the 5th to try to keep as many Piute trails open as possible. Otherwise I would really try to make this ride.

Yup... I am committed to Bradshaw so you have to go save the trails for us Carl ! And THANK YOU ! :thumb:

Last call for Bradshaw... leaving Thursday after traffic... riding Friday morning... a few trip stats below:

110510_bradshaw_iconstats.gif

I have three RV/Tent slots left in our group camp. :thumb:

how did you get your vid to default to 720p... mine always default to the lowest quality :(

Travace I get tired of all the different forums handling videos different and most don't allow HD playback by default. So I use BB Code (forum language) to link a fake youtube image I made with a screen capture to my Youtube Video with an HD link. Sounds complicated... but it's simple.

Now I can use this same code on any forum and it always works the same no matter how they deal with videos.

I want to do this ride!! It has been on my mind lately. Just did a search on the internet and it brought me to this old thread lol
Way to hot now. I have been scoping all the desert between CA and AZ and one of these days I am going to ride to the house in AZ from here, and have the wife run support.

Of course I don't mean now silly, I can't even walk! :cripple:
But Im getting there! :banana: Probably not till Nov. Dec, for dirt. I dunno maybe sooner.

Do ya ever just get on google map and try and find new roads and trails? The problem with the trails is, you zoom in and it is hard to tell exactly what your looking at. Terrain can be deceiving in a picture. But I have found some great places doing that. I was scoping the Bradshaw trial this morning between Salt and Sea and Blythe and also some areas outside McCall Idaho.

Does Bolt ever pop on here anymore? Or did he "bolt" :smirk:

Well shoot, I was thinking boots, gloves, and a helmet during this part of the year. Oh, and some sun screen. :wink:

I know you didn't mean now.... hahaha...

I do all kinds of google map recon, and also as I sit passenger on the way to the house.

As far as bolt is concerned...:gibbs: ... :run:

:noidea: and IDC.

Of course I don't mean now silly, I can't even walk! :cripple:
But Im getting there! :banana: Probably not till Nov. Dec, for dirt. I dunno maybe sooner.

Do ya ever just get on google map and try and find new roads and trails? The problem with the trails is, you zoom in and it is hard to tell exactly what your looking at. Terrain can be deceiving in a picture. But I have found some great places doing that. I was scoping the Bradshaw trial this morning between Salt and Sea and Blythe and also some areas outside McCall Idaho.

Does Bolt ever pop on here anymore? Or did he "bolt" :smirk:

Well shoot, I was thinking boots, gloves, and a helmet during this part of the year. Oh, and some sun screen. :wink:

I know you didn't mean now.... hahaha...

I do all kinds of google map recon, and also as I sit passenger on the way to the house.

As far as bolt is concerned...:gibbs: ... :run:

:noidea: and IDC.
I see all kinds of great looking places from space but when I land it ain't so nifty. :prof:

Do ya ever just get on google map and try and find new roads and trails? The problem with the trails is, you zoom in and it is hard to tell exactly what your looking at. Terrain can be deceiving in a picture. But I have found some great places doing that.
I do this all the time. For motor scooters and the MTB. Running into little luck up here in the San Jose area for dirt roads to explore on the motor scooter. I do see a some that I could hit a dirt bank and jump the fence and ride the hills for miles, I just need to find a way back out.... :devil:

I did an epic ride out of Sedona using Google Map. I took pics with my phone of my route on Google Map in advance because I pretty much figured I wouldn't get cell signal everywhere on the ride.

Are you in San Jose on business? There are some great places to Mt. bike up that way. I really, really want to ride those hills off the 101 you see to the left when your heading North. Right about Greenfield, Gilroy area and before Monterey. That Mt.. range. Looks like all big ranch properties. There is this one property in those hills somewhere that my Son worked at and took some pics of. It is like a hunting ranch. It has out buildings that are like tent structures for guests. It is a gorgeous compound. An amazing property I would love to own. Every time I drive North I look at those hills and picture riding all around and over them. Also those Alabama Hills off 395. I want to get a Go Pro and load my bikes and start knocking on doors begging to explore or be shown around some of these places I see on Google Map. What's the worse that can happen? They don't answer the door or just say "no"