All Bradshaw Trail near Salton Sea: Nov 5-7 2010

I did an epic ride out of Sedona using Google Map. I took pics with my phone of my route on Google Map in advance because I pretty much figured I wouldn't get cell signal everywhere on the ride.

Are you in San Jose on business? There are some great places to Mt. bike up that way. I really, really want to ride those hills off the 101 you see to the left when your heading North. Right about Greenfield, Gilroy area and before Monterey. That Mt.. range. Looks like all big ranch properties. There is this one property in those hills somewhere that my Son worked at and took some pics of. It is like a hunting ranch. It has out buildings that are like tent structures for guests. It is a gorgeous compound. An amazing property I would love to own. Every time I drive North I look at those hills and picture riding all around and over them. Also those Alabama Hills off 395. I want to get a Go Pro and load my bikes and start knocking on doors begging to explore or be shown around some of these places I see on Google Map. What's the worse that can happen? They don't answer the door or just say "no"
Been in San Jose for a year in a half now. Took on a new job here. I commute back and forth to SV on the weekends. Have #5jr with me since it is plated and I can ride to Metcalf park which is less then 5 miles from my work. Yes I live just north of Morgan Hill and ride my mtb in those hills you mention. Would love to get the motor scooter in there as well.

Been in San Jose for a year in a half now. Took on a new job here. I commute back and forth to SV on the weekends. Have #5jr with me since it is plated and I can ride to Metcalf park which is less then 5 miles from my work. Yes I live just north of Morgan Hill and ride my mtb in those hills you mention. Would love to get the motor scooter in there as well.

Boy am I out of touch. I had no idea you moved.

I know exactly where you are. My best friend lived off Blossom Hill and the 101. So you have Hollister Hills and Metcalf for dirt. Just ok but, all kinds of great street riding areas. There are so many nice places up that way. And a lot of good Mt.. biking. You have that Anderson Reservoir near you too. That is a nice place to Mt. bike.. And the wineries! And the Redwoods towards Santa Cruz. So many great places!

Hey Sun... I do from time to time... but NOBODY ELSE DOES... This place is DEAD !

Too bad... one of the best sites for dirt bikes on the net.

My first trip to Bradshaw... have had many wonderful trips there since.

Im doing this ride. I don't know when but, Im doing it dammit!

Ya, I haven't been around here much either. As I have been off the bike for 4 months now, sigh....

I still visit here but it has become very quiet over the last year. But then again, I have not been out on my bike much either.

I pop in and out. I am busy rebuilding and selling bikes. Working on the AZ house, and there is a handful of us on a MMS with iPhones. But yah, if I'm not here, I'm there or over on the YZ forum at the other place.

I'll need to start stopping by here a bit more often. Life has just been too busy even to ride much or spend time on here. Kind of hard to ride when I do just about nothing but work six or even seven days a week. Had a goal of going to Idaho for a week of riding in August, but that seems like only a dream now...

I'll have to get at least a long weekend up in the Piutes going or I'll lose my mind.

I need to find some more people to ride with. In the past I always had a large group of guys to ride with and ten years ago I went pretty much at least once a week. Attrition to moving away, giving up riding, or just no longer with us has reduced that group to a total of two people and one of them only rides a a few times a year. Add in the body falling apart and I've not been logging the hours in the saddle that I'm used to. I'm not giving it up yet though.

Hey Sun are you over with the initial healing and on to medieval torture, uh I mean physical therapy? Push through it so you can bet back on the scooter.

Hey you can do the Bradshaw in July, just do it overnight and have a plan for rescue should you get stuck in the middle with a broken bike. Seems like it would be better done in the winter though. I knew some people who did Glamis in the summer. All day in the RV with the AC on full and rode all night.

I'll need to start stopping by here a bit more often. Life has just been too busy even to ride much or spend time on here. Kind of hard to ride when I do just about nothing but work six or even seven days a week. Had a goal of going to Idaho for a week of riding in August, but that seems like only a dream now...

I'll have to get at least a long weekend up in the Piutes going or I'll lose my mind.

I need to find some more people to ride with. In the past I always had a large group of guys to ride with and ten years ago I went pretty much at least once a week. Attrition to moving away, giving up riding, or just no longer with us has reduced that group to a total of two people and one of them only rides a a few times a year. Add in the body falling apart and I've not been logging the hours in the saddle that I'm used to. I'm not giving it up yet though.

Hey Sun are you over with the initial healing and on to medieval torture, uh I mean physical therapy? Push through it so you can bet back on the scooter.

Hey you can do the Bradshaw in July, just do it overnight and have a plan for rescue should you get stuck in the middle with a broken bike. Seems like it would be better done in the winter though. I knew some people who did Glamis in the summer. All day in the RV with the AC on full and rode all night.

Hi Cleonard! Long time no see:wave:

Im doing much better thank you. I probably won't be back on dirt for a couple more months, at least. I am walking with a cane now and Im riding supermoto and trrrying my best to keep it at short and mellow rides dry periodically :devil:as my Physical Therapist doesn't want me on the bike at all yet. But really, I know what I can do, and I know when it is too much. First time I rode SM (Ive rode 4 times now,) It really hurt the next day bad but, I have noticed short and mellow its not so bad. Im just sneaking in rides here and there for now. Im very close to being good to go on street.

Night riding Bradshaw would be a fun trip and something different. :banana: Unfortunately, I need better lighting.