Boyesen Quickshot Help

I just installed it on my bike today and not my bike has a horrible bog off idle. I adjusted the air/fuel screw out half a turn like the instructions said but it is still bogging really bad. Anybody have any ideas?

James

Staff member
Have you tried turning the FS out more then a half turn? Try messing with it and see if you can make it run better by turning the FS from 0 to almost all the way out. If you can get it right by doing that you'll be able to figure out which way to go on the jets.

Edit: damn that's confusing as hell, sorry its been a long day. :P

Have you tried turning the FS out more then a half turn? Try messing with it and see if you can make it run better be turning the FS from 0 to almost all the way out. If you can get it right by doing that you'll be able to figure out which way to go on the jets.

Edit: damn that's confusing as hell, sorry its been a long day. :P
LOL I understood what you meant. I had it set at 2.5 turns out with the stock cover and it ran fine. I never noticed a bog or a hesitation at all. I just bought the stupid thing today because I've always heard how much they help off the bottom. The guy at my local shop said that no jetting changes would be required. He said he threw his on and it was perfect without changing anything. I turned it out about 1 turn from where it was at in 1/4 turn intervals and it didn't seem to be getting any better.

Wish I could help but not too mechanically inclined. Will say when I had one put on my WR450 Yammie, the difference was niiiiice. Stay with it, eventually you will be happy.:thumb:

If you are 2.5 out on the stock setup and now you need to go another half or more, you need to go up a size on the pilot.

Been through this before. You actually have to lean out the fuel screw. Start at 3/4 turn out and go from there.

Been through this before. You actually have to lean out the fuel screw. Start at 3/4 turn out and go from there.
I tried leaning it out. I started at 1/2 a turn out and went from there. I just put the stock cover back on and it runs perfect. I'm going to call Boyesen Monday morning and see what they say. Off to the track. . . :ride:

The quick shot tends to be a waste of money. Your better off doing the AP mod or sending out your carb to Ziptye or tokoyo mods for just a little more money. The ap mod is free.

Well I figured out what the problem is. I have the wrong one. I have part # APC-2 which says it is for every Keihin flat slide equipped bike other than the 07 CRF450R and CRF250R. Mines a 08 so I thought I had the right one. I entered my year on Boyesens web site and it pulls up APC-2CV which is the same the 07 calls for. It has a check valve in the bottom of it and if it doesn't have it the bike doesn't get gas off idle and dies. . . :thumb: There seems to be a mixed review on these things. Half the stuff I found was people saying it made a huge difference and was worth the money and the other half said that they couldn't tell a difference. I guess I let you know which side of the fence I'm on after I get the right one.

James

Staff member
There seems to be a mixed review on these things. Half the stuff I found was people saying it made a huge difference and was worth the money and the other half said that they couldn't tell a difference. I guess I let you know which side of the fence I'm on after I get the right one.
I'm guessing that a lot of that is because of bike not being jetted correctly. My bike came with the QuickShot, but since I've never ridden without it, I can't comment.

Well I got the right one on their today. I just went for a ride down the rode I live on but it seems a little snappier right off idle and also seems to pull a little harder down low. Nothing drastic but I can tell a little bit of a difference. I need to play with air/fuel screw a little more at the track this weekend though.