Boyesen Quickshot Help

James

Staff member
Well I got the right one on their today. I just went for a ride down the rode I live on but it seems a little snappier right off idle and also seems to pull a little harder down low. Nothing drastic but I can tell a little bit of a difference. I need to play with air/fuel screw a little more at the track this weekend though.
:thumb: Awesome, keep us posted.

I forgot to give a update. After a good track day this weekend I am pretty impressed with it. It's definitely stronger off the bottom and has a snappier feel to it. Not a huge difference but definitely helps.

Have you tried turning the FS out more then a half turn? Try messing with it and see if you can make it run better by turning the FS from 0 to almost all the way out. If you can get it right by doing that you'll be able to figure out which way to go on the jets.

Edit: damn that's confusing as hell, sorry its been a long day. :P

Hi I just installed the boysen quick shot 3 on my 06 yzf250f and I did everything by the instructions perfectly, but now when I start it the idle is weird and when I give it gas it revs up high but doesn't come back down from a high rev when I let go of the throttle, any suggestions?

I just never have as much luck with that as most report they do. On just about anything I like pumping them up (compressor through a spark plug hole with an open intake valve for 4 strokes) and using soapy water. on a single, after i have had something off I seem to get to it faster if I just work backwards, there are few possibilities and you have to take it down to fix any of them. So for me it is just quicker to do that.